Chapter 34: Rumors

I took another sip of my champagne. I was on my second glass. To be honest, I needed the alcohol at the time. I had learned something that felt like it was a lie. In fact, I hoped and prayed it was a lie. I wanted everything I heard to be a false accusation that I could laugh at later. That was all I wanted, but as I stared at my boyfriend, watching as he laughed and conversed with his friends, all congratulating him I couldn't help but feel ill.

It's all a lie...right? I questioned, chewing my lips. It's just a rumor. It's just a rumor...it has to be. As much as I repeated that, the less convinced I remained. Even as I stood there, my gaze trained on him, I began to see him in a different light. Eren and Connie's words rolled through my memories.

"Sex tapes?" I had repeated, glancing between Eren and Connie. "Whose sex tapes? What sex tapes?"

Eren fidgeted with his fingers before swallowing, "His sex tapes. Kellen's tapes."

My eyes went wide. I thought I had heard him wrong. There was no way in hell that I heard him right. Kellen...my boyfriend. The polite and courteous Kellen Haas...the polite and courteous Kellen Haas who I had allowed to do things to me the day prior despite not wanting to. I remembered back to the day before. I recalled how I hadn't been in the mood but how I had reluctantly caved in. It had felt wrong then and it still felt wrong then.

"Kellen's sex tapes?" I swallowed. "He's...he's made sex tapes?"

Eren nodded, "That's the rumor. A few of the ADA guys know about them."

"Some even said they saw him editing a few on his laptop," Connie added.

My pulse pounded my ears. I didn't know what to say or think. All I knew was that everything I thought I knew was being tested. I didn't know whether to believe them or not, but after the way I felt the day before, something told me I should at the very least hear them out. If anything, I owed it to myself to know what they were talking about.

"T-they did?" I stammered.

Connie replied, "That's what they said. I've never seen them myself, though."

"Same," Eren added, bringing his eyes to me. "But I've heard too many guys say the same thing."

I balled my hands into fists. "Sex tapes. He...made tapes with other girls?"

"Pretty sure it wasn't with guys," Connie answered before Eren jabbed him with his elbow.

"What Connie means is yes. But I'm pretty sure they're from before you two got together," Eren tried to smile. "We didn't mean to upset you, but we figured you should know."

I just stared at him, numbly nodding, "Thank you. I appreciate that."

I didn't want to believe it. I didn't want it to be true, but as I watched him, a new light bathed him in my mind. Kellen Haas went from being the stereotypical ideal boyfriend to someone I didn't recognize. A dark shadow covered him, making him look so different to me. If he was hiding that from me, then what else could he possibly be hiding from me?

Maybe I'm overreacting. I thought, watching as he made his way over to me. What he did with other girls before is none of my business...but still. Why keep it a secret? He made it to me and hooked his arm around my shoulders, pulling me close. Even in the middle of the crowd with our clothes separating us, I felt uneasy. I couldn't explain it, but I did not want him next to me.

"I hope this isn't boring you too much," he smiled, pecking his lips against my forehead.

I shook my head, lying, "No. It's nice." I paused for a moment before adding, "So, that was your dad and un-"