Chapter 1 Guns loaded

Y/n — Your name
E/c  — Eye color
H/c — Hair color
H/l  — Hair length
L/n — Last name
M/n — Middle name

(Small note: you may notice some chapters have little sayings on them and others don't that doesn't mean anything it just means I have edited them. Happy reading!)
__________

"I have thought my duty to exhibit things as they are, not as they ought to be."
― Alexander Hamilton

____________
Philip
_____________

"1 2 3 4 5 6 7-" The counting was cut off by a gunshot ten paces away, George's gun sounding first.

I shot soon after, towards the sky, like Pops had told me to do.

I lowered the gun, tucking my arms to my side as I looked down at my shaking body, smoke raising from the barrel.

I was shocked when I noticed I was unharmed. I sighed with relief, I was fine. I could go home to ma and hug her. She wouldn't have to face another heartbreak.

But my thoughts shattered with one thought.

But if he didn't shoot me, then who did he shoot? I thought. Did Eacker miss? How is that possible, he is an excellent guns men!

I turned to see George holding his foot, blood seeping through his boot.

That only meant one thing, George had shot himself in the foot.

"Ah!" George cried as he clutched his foot. The doctor turned back around to see the scene unfold in front of him.

I snorted as I thought about the instant Karma. He shot before ten and now he is paying for it. He may have survived but he'll pay for it.

But now the once quiet field was drowned out by George Eacker's screams.

I stride over to Eacker, picking up his gun. I examined it as a scream echoed along with Eacker's wails.

But it wasn't only Eacker's cries that I heard.

The new sound came from the town that was very close by. But these shrieks were high and shrill, belonging to a woman. Her scream was full of terror and agony. I could hear it tethered to her voice. It rang out, praying someone would come to save her.

"Did you hear that?" I asked, looking back towards the town where it seemed to be the source of the sound.

"What?" George snapped, howling as he hopped up and down.

"Do you hear the screams?" I asked again, looking in the direction of the sound. I held my hand up to silence George.

"Yes, mine!" He said angrily.

The scream resounded, sending my pulse beating and blood rushing. It felt as if destiny was calling out to me until I couldn't bear to hear it ring no longer.

"I have to go," I murmured, starting toward the sound.

"Hey! Own up to what you have done!" Eacker yelled as I drew farther away.