Chapter Twenty.

Belle stood in Jade's kitchen a diaper bag over one shoulder, Olivia balanced on her hip and Seth standing next to her.

"If she doesn't take a nap at three she gets really crabby. Oh, and Seth has to go to bed at eight," Belle said.

"Belle, take a breath. I know how to put a kid to bed." Jade said with a laugh.

Jade leaned over to life Olivia from Belle's arms and then take the diaper bag, Belle giving her a pained expression.

"Am I doing the right thing?" Belle asked.

"Don't do this to yourself," Jade begged.

"I just...I don't know, I don't know if I should do this."

"I think you owe it to yourself, these kids and Alex to go to this dinner. Lay it all on the table, be upfront, be honest and settle everything for good on your terms, not his fathers."

Belle gave a quick nod, leaning down to kiss the top of Seth's head. She stood and smoothed the non-existent wrinkles in her black dress. She had selected a long sleeve black dress that ended around her knee, it wasn't tight but it clung nicely to her curves.

She had her hair pulled back into a low bun, but a few strands fell loosely around her face.

"You look beautiful," Jade said gently.

"Thank you."

"Now go, we'll be here when you get back."

"I won't be late," Belle promised.

She left the kids with Jade, certain they would be fine. They loved Jade and she was good with children and drove to the address Alex had given her. She climbed from the car at the small restaurant and walked inside to see him waiting at the table. He stood as she approached and she offered him a timid smile, she was suddenly nervous.

"Hi." She said.

"Hello, you look absolutely gorgeous."

"Thank you."

He pulled out her chair for her and she sat down, glancing around the restaurant. The other people didn't even seem to notice the couple and she found that odd after the way their relationship had started.

"Nobody is looking, I know it's....hard to believe but, they aren't. We're just a normal couple to them." He said gently.

She gave a small nod and turned her attention to the expensive menu, she briefly wondered why he would pick such a fancy dinner for their first time in public together.

"I'm glad you agreed to come here with me, I wasn't sure you would." He offered.

"Yeah, to be honest, neither was I."

They stared at the menus in silence until a waitress came for their drink order.

"Can I interest you two in our house wine?" She asked.

"Uh, no. None for me." Alex said awkwardly.

"None for me either," Belle said quickly.

The waitress rolled her eyes and walked away and Alex sighed, glancing again around the fancy restaurant.

"Hey, do you want to get out of here?" He asked.

"Absolutely." She said quickly.

They stood together and walked out of the restaurant, they reached her car first and he stopped.

"Can I take you somewhere?" He asked softly.

She debated saying no, wasn't sure being alone with him was a smart choice.