Chapter Eleven.

Belle took time off from her job hoping that her job would be there when she was ready to return, if not she had a sizable saving on her own plus money Maggie left her.

Landon had come over a few times since she moved in, so had Jade but for the most part, it had just been her and the kids.

She was sitting in the large fenced in backyard watching Seth run around and play on the swingset, She had a blanket laying on the grass where she was sitting and Olivia was playing with a few toys.

"Aunt Belle?" Seth called still swinging?"

"Yeah?"

"Is Uncle Landon coming over tonight?"

"No, he has to work."

"I like when he visits," Seth said.

"That's good."

A car door echoed from the front of the house and Belle felt her heart skip a beat. Every time someone knocked on the door or the phone rang she became afraid it was someone coming to take Seth and Olivia away.

"Someone is here," Seth said climbing from the swing and rushing around the house.

Belle reached for Olivia balancing her on one hip as she followed Seth around the house. She froze in the middle of the yard not prepared for whos he saw.

"Uncle Alex!" Seth squealed reaching for the tall man.

Alex beamed down at him lifting him up and tossing him into the air playfully. Belle shifted uncomfortably as she watched Seth giggle happily, he didn't open up for anyone like he did Alex.

Landon tried spending one on one time with the boy but he clammed up, Belle put forth everything she had and yet he was reserved and quiet always more concerned with Olivia than himself.

Only with Alex did he open up and be free, only for Alex did Seth revert back to being a happy kid.

She took in his appearance he looked good, better than when she had seen him last. His hair was cut and neatly combed, he was clean shaved and he looked like he was sober. He was wearing blue jeans and a red button-up shirt.

He set Seth down and the little boy gripped three of his fingers in his tiny hand dragging him into the yard.

"Hi," Belle said lamely.

"Hi, I...I'm sorry for just dropping in. I wanted to see the kids, I hope that's okay."

"It's fine," She said with a shrug.

As hard as it was to see him, be near him again she knew that it was important the kids have a relationship with their family members. She remembered how happy Maggie was that the kids would be meeting him.

"Thanks." He said following Seth to the swingset at the small child's insistence.

She waited a minute then turned and followed them when she reached the backyard Alex was pushing Seth on a swing and the little boy was rambling about a million little things.

She watched for a minute a huge weight lifting off her shoulders, finally able to breathe easy now that Seth was opening up.

She walked over and settled Olivia into the baby swing next to Seth and gave her a small push. She giggled happily all toothless grins and drool and Belle smiled.

"How are you holding up?" Alex asked after a few long, silent minutes.

"It's...hard," She admitted.

"I know it is."

"Seth...I worry about him."

"He'll be okay, Belle. I know you can do this."