Chapter Eighteen.

Over the next few days, Alex was back in full swing, coming over daily to spend time with Belle and the children.

Belle began looking forward to his visits just as much as Seth did, it meant someone to help her, someone to talk to, someone to lift some of the heavy load.

When he showed up on Wednesday Seth me him at the door, throwing himself into Alex's arms.

"Uncle Alex! I missed you!" He cried.

"I just saw you yesterday little man," Alex said with a laugh lifting the boy.

"Didn't you miss me?" Seth asked worriedly.

"Of course I did! I haven't seen you since yesterday!" Alex cried dramatically.

Belle shook her head with a small smile as she finished wiping off Olivia's dirty face.

"Guess what!" Alex said setting Seth on his feet.

"What?!"

"I'm going to take you to the carnival today," Alex said.

"Really!?!" Seth began hopping up and down.

"If it's okay with your aunt Belle."

"Aunt Belle please?!" Seth asked.

"Of course you can go," She agreed.

"I actually thought maybe you would want to tag along," Alex offered.

"Oh, no that's okay."

"Come on, my treat." He insisted.

"Well...I don't know."

"Listen, I know you loved Maggie and I know how much you love these kids. You're working hard but you've barely left this house in weeks, you need a break too."

"What about the baby?"

"Bring her too, we can have a family outing."

She froze holding Olivia's hand in one of hers and a wet washcloth in the other, a family outing, family. Just like she had wanted for so long and now...now it still seemed so far away and unachievable.

"You'll have to give me time to pack a diaper bag and get her changed," Belle said.

"We can wait," Alex promised with a smile.

Belle carefully lifted Olivia from her highchair resting her on one hip and moving upstairs.

Once inside the purple and yellow room, she laid the baby on the dressing table with a heavy sigh.

"Oh, Livvy, I wish your mommy was still here."

The baby giggled and proceeded to chew on her own toes.

"She would know what to do. I love you kids and...I love your Uncle but...there's just so much damage done."

Belle was unsnapping the baby's onesie when her engagement ring caught the light and sparkled.

"And then there's Uncle Landon, he's exactly what we need. He could fix this little family and he loves me. I can't just reject him now. I have to do what's best for you and your brother and your Uncle Alex...has so many demons and a drinking problem."

She finished changing the baby and putting on a fresh onesie, then combed her hair and put it in a tiny little ponytail on top of her head.

"What do you think sweetie?" She asked the small girl.

Olivia beamed up at her with a big toothless grin but of course, gave no verbal reply.

"I guess we're ready," Belle said grabbing the baby bag.