My family is gifted and strong, and I look forwards to what each and every individual will bring to the world.

Donovan comes inside, little Azra is attached to his leg, squealing with each step he takes. He chuckles, trying to shake her off of his leg, but she just holds on tighter. "Come on, princes, it's time for me to spend some time with your mommy." He says.

"If I let go, will you pinkie promise to show me how to shoot the bow and arrow tomorrow?" She asks, looking up at him with wide, eager eyes.

He rubs his face in thought, dragging out her anxiousness a little longer. "Hmmm....."

"Pleaseee?" She begs, letting go of his leg and clapping her hands together excitably.

"I suppose so, only if you promise to be a good girl and not pester your brothers tonight."

"Deal!" She squeals happily. Then she looks up to me and waves enthusiastically. "Hi mommy! Daddy taught me self defense today!"

"Oh, he did? What did you learn?" I ask her, smiling. She's beaming from ear to ear.

"He taught me how to make someone sleep forever!"

Donovan chuckles. "What she means is dead."

"You taught her how to kill someone, Donovan?" I scold, narrowing my eyes at him.

He smiles proudly. "No, I taught her lethal self defense."

"That's the same thing."

"She's going to be Alpha, she needs to be well rooted early on. Isn't that right, princess?" He coos to her.

"I am the Alpha!" She roars, making clawing motions with her hands and baring her teeth in an attempt to imitate a wolf. She even lets out a little growl.

Donovan laughs and I try to force back a smile. I'm trying to be mad at him when he's generally good at being a father and when Azra is acting cute like this.

Suddenly, the twins burst into the room, throwing themselves at Donovan and tackling him. He falls to the floor with them and wheezes upon impact. "Ashe, what has your mother taught you about biting!" I hear him scold.

"Sorry, I'm just so excited!" He screams before slapping a hand over his mouth.

Blade giggles, flicking one of his fangs in fascination. I roll my eyes and laugh at the children tackling their father. "I'm going to make dinner. Have fun all of you all."

"You can't leave me alone with them!" Donovan shouts, laughing when Blade grabs his foot and starts tickling and poking at it. "Daddy needs to trim his toenails." He says, frowning.

I laugh. "Have fun Donovan."

I love my family.

* * *

It was one warm summer evening when Donovan and I made quite the discovery. We had just put the kids to bed and were having some alone time on the couch when Azra came running in, her eyes full of wonder.

Black mist swirled around her hands.

Donovan and I looked at each other, and he rushed to her. "Y-you've got the death gene." He says in shock. While there are female reapers, there isn't very many.

"Look what I can do!" She exclaims, forming a dark ball.

And immediately, Azra was taught all about her power and what it meant. Donovan was quick to teach her about the dangers of it. It was important that she understood how dangerous her gift could be, because she could unintentionally harm others with it.