Chapter Twenty Five: First "Date"

Song: Stronger (What doesn't kill you) By Kelly Clarkson

*

*

The sun rose and the sun fell. And as time progressed, so did my plan.

The beings in hiding were scattered across the land in various patches. They hid with their mates and fled under the cover of darkness in order to evade the law.

And I plan to contact them for their support and their opinions. I would like to hear their point of view before I dive straight into actions.

I would like to settle the werewolf laws using force, but, I don't know if that would be the best option. That's why I need to contact these people as soon as possible.

Maybe they have plans I can build from.

Anya assisted me as we drove under the cover of darkness. The roads were narrow and windy, and I followed the directions that the doctor at the clinic had given to me. These people in hiding lived in deep seclusion, and I was anxious to meet them.

"How much farther?" Anya asks.

"It looks about to be twenty more minutes from here. I don't know exactly what to expect, but she did say there was guards, so we better be careful." I tell her.

Anya nods and continues to look out the window, watching the trees fly by.

We had been released from that facility two days ago, and it's been so refreshing to be back in the presence of my mate. We hadn't spent proper time with each other, and I felt guilty.

Part of it was my fault because I'm stuck on abolishing the council's cruel laws, and that has taken up most of my time.

And that would change right now.

A cliff was overlooking the stony river to my right, and it was such a breathtaking view. Trees of all shades of green lined the river and the towering, rugged mountains in the distance set the scene.

I pulled over, because I had time.

And, we might as well make this trip enjoyable.  I know Anya and I both could use a little happiness in our lives, so maybe this would be good for both of us.

"What are you doing?" Asked Anya.

I smiled. "I figured we would have a little time to ourselves. I know I've been neglecting you as a mate and I feel bad for doing so."

"Oh Donovan no you haven't. You've been working for the greater good and that alone is enough." She says.

What a sweet mate I have. "No, I would like to spend some time with you. We're not in a rush, any ways."

She smiles and gets out of the truck.

And to my surprise, she nudges her hand into mine. Her touch sounds jolts through my body and my wolf is very pleased.

"Think of this as....our first date." I tell her, winking.

She blushes and laughs.

We take the time to explore the area together. We climb down onto the rocky river bank. Just ahead of us, is the roaring sound of the waterfall, crashing loudly upon the rocks. The river runs wild and Anya laughs as she dips her bare feet into the little pools of icy river water.

The wind is gentle and her hair is blowing around, whipping her face and sticking to her lips. Her reflection stares back at her in the water, and when she looks up at me, she is smiling.

Only if circumstances were different.

Only if we lived free.

But here we are, trapped together in a world that wants us damned.