Chapter Twenty: Forceful Actions

Song: Rise Above Feat Trella

*

*

Anya's POV:

Time passed away just as the sun falls in the evening sky and is forgotten until the morning. I'd lost count how long it had been, but it must've been weeks, if not months, maybe.

Living in the dark will do that to you, I guess. 

When days are as bleak as mine, they tend to blend together into one, long timeless event that I can't differentiate between. Everything becomes blurred and hazy and my mind seems to almost shut down from doing the same routine every day.

The burn of betrayal ate at my heart and having to see Brinley every day was nauseating. For Weeks after I had attacked her, her neck was wrapped tightly in a brace and my fangs itched to be buried in her neck once more.

Oddly enough, my vampiric instincts have awakened for reasons I don't know. The craving for blood becomes so strong at times that I find myself thrashing around in the chains of the cold pack prison. Every time I am attacked by my blood lust, my strength comes to life and it takes many werewolves to hold me down.

They always chain my up tightly in a cell and inject me with a serum that sends liquid fire into my bloodstream. It burns horribly but it halts the effects of my instincts.

Feeding me blood would just solve the problem, but they wish to starve me.

They believe if they starve me, then I'll weaken to the helpless creature they want me to be.

And starvation usually works, but for whatever reason, it's not as effective this time. Sure, I'll be struck with intense hunger pains and stomach cramps. My legs feel weak but it does nothing to wipe my vampiric instincts away.

They believe by weaning a vampire from blood, that eventually, they'll no longer crave it.

But that couldn't be further from the truth.

My fangs have grown quite the length, and I fear that soon, they will attract attention to the Alpha. Once he sees my fangs they will be painfully ripped out, and as of now, they're visible. They poke through my upper lip and it's hard to hide them.

And I just know it's only a matter of time.

After I'm done serving the drinks to guests, who are the Alphas of the Great Mountains, I leave the room as quickly as I can. 

I can feel their eyes on me. Everyone knows who I am now. Everyone.

It's uncomfortable and unwanted attention has now been drawn to me.

In the kitchen, Brinley is making the guests baked goods. Her head is down and her eyes are blank as she stirs the cake batter. Her brown hair is strung up in a pony tail and her white apron is stained with unknown substances from cooking.

Immediately, my fists clench at my sides and I grind my molars down together. She's spooked when she sees me. "I-I can explain, please, it's not what it looks like-"

In a flash, she is thrown against the wall. She squeaks as she makes impact with the wall and she slides down onto the floor.

Pulsing.

Breathing.

Control.

I squeeze my eyes shut, breathing deeply, in an attempt to push my rage back. These angry, raging feelings - I'm not used to them. What's wrong with me?

"What's going on in here?" The thundering voice of the Alpha disrupts my thoughts and Brinley staggers onto her feet.

"N-nothing. It was my fault. I-I just provoked another slave." Brinley says with her head down. She's shaking and I see many jagged cuts across her wrists that crawl almost all the way up to her elbows.