Chapter Twenty Four: Reunited at Last

Song: I Found by Amber Run

*

*

Everything was fuzzy when I woke up on the cold, metal table. My muscles ached and my limbs were stiff. I noticed there was also an odd stinging, sharp pain in the side of my head, and I couldn't really recall why.

But my pain and confusion quickly became the last thing on my mind, because upon turning my head to the left, I saw Donovan lying next to me on a metal table just as I.

But no longer was Donovan a mass of black fur with venomous teeth and dangerous, feral eyes.

He was miraculously in his human form.

His eyes were shut and his breaths were even and steady. His black hair was a dirty mess, strewn about in all directions. His face was growing thick, dark stubble, and it was scattered across his jaw and his upper lip.

Even in his human form, he looked wild, and you could tell he had spent the last few months living an isolated life in the forests. He appeared to be bare, the only form of covering being the thin, white blanket that was pulled up just under his ribs.

I wanted to move, I wanted to greet him and embrace him, but my body was paralyzed. I could only move my body from the waist up, and even then, I was too sore to do so. Sitting up caused a tremor of pain to shoot down my body as well as a spark of a migraine setting in.

The woman suddenly entered the room, looking down at me with...what it looks like a slight smile on her face.

"You're awake." She states, looking me over and glancing at my mate.

"How did - what did-"

"I will explain all when your mate awakes. He shouldn't awake for several more hours, as his procedure was a lengthy, drawn out one." She tells me.

I nod, and the woman checks over my vitals, my wounds, and feeds me some blood. Though I thought she - as well as the corporation she works with - was initially evil, now I'm starting to believe that maybe, I can trust her.

She did find a way to pull Donovan out of his feral stage.

Hours later, I am able to move my body and Donovan started to wake. His eyes fluttered open and he groaned, in what I would assume, pain. He looked out of it and and exhausted. Bags hung under his eyes and it looked like he's never slept an hour in his life.

Then his head turned and his eyes fell upon mine. He squints, blinking rapidly, as if he's trying to get rid of the possibility that what he's seeing is just a dream.

"A-Anya?" He questions, sounding quite unsure of himself.

I smile lightly and nod my head. "Yes, it's me." I reply softly.

He looks almost like he still doesn't believe it, and when he goes to sit up, he groans in pain and has to force himself to lay back down.

Looking to me once more, he smiles, "I don't know where we are or what the hell happened, but all I want to do is embrace you. But as you can see, I'm not very mobile at the moment." He chuckles, but he doesn't have to wait no more.

Because I slide off of the metal table and stand on my shaky legs. He's not that far from me, so within three steps I find myself lost in his arms. I'm immediately greeted by sparks and a sudden warmth, and it brought tears to my eyes.

"I-I couldn't feel the mate bond anymore and I thought I lost you-"

"Don't say that. You never lost me, you never lost me. We were just separated for a time being, but no matter what you felt, we were always connected." Donovan replies, hugging me tighter against his chest.