Chapter Twenty Seven: The Day Has Come

Nobody slept well the night before our plan was going to be carried out.

I tossed and turned, and several different scenarios of what could happen played in my head, and it drove me insane. Anya, who was sleeping beside me was having the same problem as I was.

So we both talked, and I remember our conversation clearly. It was a light hearted conversation, filled with smiles and laughter as we mapped out our future.

I rolled over, facing Anya. And to my surprise, she too, was awake.

"Rough night too?" I ask her.

She rubs her eyes and nods, her auburn hair was strewn about everywhere and the blanket was tucked under her chin. She's my burrito.

"Just thinking about....everything really." She whispers.

"You and I both, Anya."

She huffs and groans loudly as she turns over on her back. "I just want to sleep, but I can't! Every time I close my eyes my brain keeps talking to me. It makes me think about everything and all possibilities. I even thought about.....us after this whole ordeal is over. We haven't thought much about our future, Donovan."

Her many words surprise me. I'm still not quite used to her speaking as much, but I like it. I like talking to her.

I chuckle. "Our future, eh? Tell me more about what you were thinking about."

Her face flushes red, causing me to chuckle. She hides her face in the blankets and laughs softly.

"Is my little vampire thinking dirty thoughts about me?"

"What? No, I'm not! I was thinking about....about our future and how many children we're having-"

"So you were thinking dirty thoughts then?" I tease her. Watching her being shy and uncomfortable like this is entertaining.

"No, I-I was just thinking about everything in our future, not just....our kids." She admits.

"How many children were you thinking about, hm?"

She blinks, and a small, nervous smile creeps across her face. "Uhm....I don't know, I was thinking seven? I like big families and I understand if you're not on board with it-"

"Seven?!"

"I know it's a lot and-"

"Seven?" I smirk.

"Donovan, get your mind out of the gutter!" She squeaks, hiding behind her blanket.

"Tell me more about these....children." I say, laughing.

She smiles. "Well, I just want more people to love and I love babies and children. How many kids do you want?"

"More than two, for sure." I reply.

She smiles at me before inch-worming over to me. She giggles as she leans down and kisses my cheek.

"Your face is turning red!" She exclaims, poking my cheek and laughing.

I laugh, feeling a little embarrassed with myself that a blushed like some little school girl. "Only you are able to make me blush. Only you."

She smiles and settles down and nestles into my side. My arm is wound around her side and sleep tugs at my eyelids. I finally feel relaxed.

We can dream about our future all we want, and we can only hope it becomes a reality.

"Goodnight, Anya."