Chapter Sixteen: Imprisoned

Song: Part That's Holding On by Red

*

*

My knees caught on sharp rocks and I grunted when I was kicked in the side. The men laughed, mocking me in my weak state. The blindfold was tied tightly around my face and a thick knot was tied on the back of my head.

My limbs tingled, as if they were awakening from their paralyzed state.

And maybe they were, because I wiggled my toes and my fingers twitched. The werewolves guarding me hadn't seemed to notice that my strength was returning, and it was returning quickly. The drug was wearing off and at the right time, I would escape.

I would escape and find Anya.

If any of them have touched her they won't live to see another day, and that is a promise.

My legs awoke from their slumber, and shortly after, as did the rest of my body. In a split second, I shot up from my comatose-like state. I curled my arms inwards, and with a deep breath, the chains shattered into pieces. I had summoned my Deathly spirit, which tripled my strength.

The men around me gasp and I rip off the blindfold. Their faces are full of shock, fear, and anger, and in no time, one of the men is already dead. My wolf has taken over and the blood of our mate lingers in the air.

He's driven by the need to protect, and the fact that our mates blood is in the air, both him and I are out for blood.

"Impossible! I gave him enough Thalmsa to keep him paralyzed for days!" One of the werewolves exclaim.

I shift back into my wolf within a matter of seconds. Bones break and my teeth snap in place before I pounce on one of the men.

His intestines are shredded out of him within minutes. My wolf was in full control and he wouldn't stop until he knew his mate was completely safe. The werewolves tried to work together in an attempt to sate me beast, but it was no use.

And by the time my wolf fled back into the forest, three werewolves were dead. But I didn't care, all I cared about was the state my mate is currently in.

And by the smell of the air, it's not s good state.

And for that, her captors will pay.

The forest brought me into a clearing, in which Anya had been caught. She had made it quite far before she was ambushed by wolves. There she lays on the ground. A heavy werewolf is on top of her, his knee pressing roughly into the center of here back.

Her arms are chained behind her and blood leaks from a gash in her head. The werewolf atop of her and those around her laugh at her and mock her. Their cruel words hurts my ears and fuels the raging fire inside of me.

I growl, The sound if ferocious and feral, and the sound immediately gets the attention of the four werewolves that have captured my mate.

Anya's eyes move so that they look up me. She pleads with me to help her and fight for her. And I will do just that.

I take a deep breath and the darkness seep from out of my skin. It feels cold as little fingers of death crawl out of me and start slinking towards the enemy in the form of mist. The werewolves look completely petrified.

Another break escapes me.

The mist suddenly turns into sharp objects, resembling that of black ice cycles.

And then they fly towards the werewolves at full speed. The sound of the sharp objects sinking into their flesh excites my wolf. Most of the sharp objects have went all the way through their hearts, making them drop to the ground dead.