Doing right by the Family Name

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Salvatore Boarding School

Hope was looking around her old room at the Salvatore Boarding School when she felt Alaric's presence as he entered with a silver metallic briefcase suit containing her suit.

"I got what you asked for." Alaric said as he handed it to Hope who gratefully took it.

"Thank you for bringing this." Hope thanked her old teacher as she placed it on the bed and unlocked the briefcase and opened it to see her Tribrid suit. "ARGUS still has mine."

"Good thing you made another one." The principal noted watching Hope trailing her finger tips over the grey suit with the Mikaelson crescent clearly remsicing about her days as a vigilante."So you decided to rejoin the hero business?"

"It's not just about becoming a hero. It's..." Hope trailed off trying to formulate her reason. It was more than that. "It's about the promise I made to my father, about doing right by my family name. And when I put on the suit, I get to do that. And if they want to hate me for what I am, so be it. I can take it."

She closed the case shut and locked it before exiting her room with Alaric staring at her with great pride. She has come a long way from that impulsive teenage witch, that's for sure.