Ready to Comply

Bucky was sitting uncomfortable in his cell at Argus with a sullen look. He should've known that coming back to Starling city was a bad idea. He knew it, he knew it and yet he came back home. All because of her. Laurel Lance. The girl who always want to save the world. It was a terrible, terrible decision and thanks to his recklessness, he was caught although he had no choice. It was either her or him. He chose the latter.

Someone stopped by the cell door. He was donning a grey business suit, wearing a eye patch on his left eye. He was looking into the small hole glancing at Bucky sulking while staring at the bleak grey wall.

"Hello, Mr. Barnes. I would like to discuss about your predicament." He greeted, Bucky noted that he had a thick Australian accent. but didn't move his head.

"I thought I wasn't allowed to have a lawyer." Bucky deadpanned knowingly. "Seeing i'm about to be Waller's bitch again."

"You're not. And actually I was talking about something else entirely." He reassured the former Army soldier.

"And what's that?"

"I'm in need of your assistance. I made a promise to a man I once considered a friend and I aim to fulfill it." He told him

He began reading the words in Russian from a red notebook he took out of his pants pocket. "Желание." (Longing.)

Bucky let out a small but horrified gasp recognizing the words. Not that. Anything but that. That is the thing he fears the most. The book that can take away his free will. "No."

"Ржавый" (Rusted.)

"Stop." Bucky pleaded, clutching his ears with his hands in attempt to block him out.

"Семнадцать." (Seventeen)

"Stop." He tried to plead once more but it didn't seem to work as the eye patched man continued reading from the notebook.

"Рассвет." (Daybreak.)

Bucky let out a cry of terror, his metal hand clenched into a trembling fist as he got up from his bed and started to smash the wall over and over with his fist. He was trying with his might not to submit to the words.

"Печь. Девять." (Furnace. Nine.)

Bucky was punching harder than he'd ever done to the wall, smashing through the concrete with a grunt but he was fighting a loosing battle and they both knew it.

"Добросердечный. Возвращение на Родину. Один. рузовой вагон." (Benign Homecoming, One, Freight Car.)

Once he reached the end of the page in the notebook, the eye patched Australian calmly looked up to see Bucky standing straight with a blank look, having stopped ramming his fist once his mind had surrendered to the brainwashing. All emotions had been wiped off his face.

"Солдат?" (Soldier?)

The Winter Soldier had emerged and was ready to carry out any mission. "Я готов отвечать." (Ready to Comply) He replied automatically.

"I have a mission for you. Break out of ARGUS by any means necessary."