48. The End

"Good morning, Roman." I looked over to see Patton standing there in front of me. I frowned at the blue cloth he had tied around his eyes but ended up smiling anyway because he was and his are infectious. "How's it been going for you?"

"It's been... calm. Unevental." He smiled brighter as he nodded.

"That's sound amazing."

"Honestly it's a close second for best." My smile faded a bit and i looked away. The only thing that would make this the best was if he finally woke up. I... I've missed him... so much. I'm starting to get worried.

"You know I hear it's quite beautiful out." I looked up at him in confusion and he pointed to his eyes. "Why don't you go enjoy it for me, huh? Can't let such a lovely view go to waste. I suggest... the garden?"

"Ok, Pat... You win." He cheered and started jumping up and down it was adorable. I watched as he made his way out of the room no problem despite not being able to see anything. It amazed me just how easily he adjusted. It was surreal, but that Patton. He's stronger than he looks. 

Ok, Roman... Get off your ass. You have a view to see... apparently.

I groaned as I slowly managed to pull myself up off the couch and dragged myself out of the dusty office room. I don't know why I had hid myself away in there in first place. I guess I've just been feeling a bit low.

I miss him. I'm scared. I nearly failed. It nearly consumed me if it hadn't been for Virgil pulling me out of my thoughts long enough to focus on him. I didn't even realize how bad it was until after I had brought him home and truly thought about it. What if I fucked up? What if I did something wrong and I ended up hurting him? I mean...

He hasn't turned into a dragon since before I pulled that stunt. His hair went white and his eyes are red. I know that much has changed but... What if I messed his head up more? He was already struggling as it was I would just hate to find out I made it worse for him.

I made it to the garden doors and I just took a deep breath before walking through. The moment the sun hit my face it was like a breath of much needed fresh air. I walked over to the bench and just sat there, soaking all up with my eyes closed. I know Pat said to enjoy the view but I know what he really wanted me to do. He wanted me to relax. He wanted me to smile. 

I don't know how long I was out there. I lost track of time around the time the birds started singing. I heard the doors open and I frowned slightly. I really don't want to be messed with. Patton is one thing. I might even be ok with Logan but... Until Virgil wakes up I am just not in the mood to... I heard as they walked up in front of me and narrowed my eyes. They didn't say anything. They just sat down next to me. I just took a deep breath.

"Beautiful morning isn't it?" My eyes went wide instantly as I looked over at with a start. I could feel the tears well up as he just sat there smiling, his white hair reflecting the light of the sun. "It's been so long since I actually saw one."

"Virgil..." He looked back out at the view that surrounded us but... I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He was awake. He was up and talking and smiling and... Human during the day... Human with the sun up.

"It feels nice." He closed his eyes and seemed to breathe with the world in with this huge smile on his face. As happy as I was seeing him awake and with me, and trust me I was happy... I was in fucking heaven... I was also scared.

"Are you sure you should be up right now?" I saw him narrow his closed eyes in confusion and I felt the anxiety build. "You've been out for some time... a-and I don't exactly know the side effects. Are you sure you ok? Do you feel alright? I don't want you to get sick o-or anything..." Virgil started laughing cutting me off and I froze. "What?"

"Nothing." He looked over at me and I melted. He took my hand and started fidgeting with my fingers like a small child does with his parents. It was adorable. "I just realized that I am seriously the, most, luckiest man alive and you are totally fucked."

"What, why..." He kissed me. I swear my heart exploded. I was in shock, but also in bliss. He pulled away and giggled, making me get all flippen flustered. WHY DOES HE HAVE TO BE SO DAMN FUCKING CUTE?! It should be illegal!

"Because I am never going to let you out of my sight again." He leaned his head against my chest and closed his eyes like he was going to sleep. My heart was racing so fast. "I love you, Roman."

Have you ever had a moment where you felt like your whole world was just... complete. Well, this was that moment for me. He was my world.

"I love you too, Virgil."

THE END

¡̷M̶O̴N̸ ̵ɹ̵O̴Ⅎ̴