15. Not what I'd call a happy meet up...

"Virgil?" He smiled, awkwardly jumping up off the ground, and rubbed the back of his neck. "HOW?!"

"I fell..."I shook my head and he looked away.

"I got that. No, I meant the hole. Where did it even come from?" His smile fell and his face went dark.

"I fell..." I frowned as he kicked a rock that tumbled down. I stood up dusting myself off and smiled brightly.

"Ok then, let's get you out of there." He looked back smiling and I laughed. I'm not even going to ask how he even got here so fast. I reached down and watched as he climbed up, grabbing my hand when he was able. I pulled him up and watched as he dusted himself off. "Virgil, I..." I was pulled into a hug and I melted. The warmth that radiated off of him enveloped me and I just couldn't stop smiling. "Thanks for coming."

"I had to. I was worried. It sounded like you would start crying if I didn't." I turned to see Logan laughing and I shot him a dirty look. "What?"

"I told him the same thing." Logan pouted and I glared at him. "Pweese Virgil? It would mean a lot." 

"Logan!" I yelled and again he burst into laughter. I had to turn away before I flip out. I watched as Patton punched him in the arm and Logan just froze.

"Be nice. He obviously cares enough to want him around." Logan frowned and I could see as his eyes began to water. I watched as he spun around and headed for the door pushing past the guards who just stood there confused. "Logan?"

"He obviously cares... Of course, he obviously cares... Like I didn't... asshole..." I heard Logan grumble as he disappeared from sight and I frowned. He's getting angry again. He's gonna lose it. I looked over at Patton who had this look of sadness and confusion.

"Was it something I said?" He pointed to himself and I sighed. 

"So why's Patton here again?" I groaned and Virgil pulled away, giving Patton a dirty look. Patton opened his mouth to say something but Virgil waved him off. "Save it. I really don't want to hear any more excuses."

"But, Kiddo..."

"I mean it, Patton. You threatened Roman before we even had the chance to actually get to know him. What the hell?" I pulled Virgil in and felt as his body began to shake. "I don't want you to have a reason to be afraid of us."

"Why would I be afraid of you?" He shook his head and buried himself into me and I laughed. "Trust me, Virgil. There is nothing that could scare me away from you." Not even Ero could, and I was scared of him. But my fear of losing Virgil was stronger, and now look... Ero practically my best friend.

"Look, kiddo, I said I was sorry. You're my son, I just want what's best for you."

"I'm not your son." I saw Patton tense up as Virgil pulled away. "I'm not your son.  You're not my father..."

"You're right. I'm not that horrible man. I'M BETTER! I care enough about you to try to keep your heart from being shattered like mine. Whereas that asshole nearly got you killed. He made you... made you... I can't." Patton started crying and just walked away, leaving a very shocked and horrified expression on his face.

"Virgil? What was he talking about?" He looked down, as his face darkened, and pushed passed me, walking inside.

"Forget it, Princy."