Chapter 29

The Next Morning...

"So far, Pops has not answered my calls. I'm starting to think that whatever Chloe has is pretty serious," Buddy informed a majority of the gang. Once again, both Duke and Mel were missing. Pops and Chloe were obviously not present. However, Leonard and Ozone had attended the meeting. "I hope she's okay," Leonard murmured, worried about the tabby cat. "I hope so too," Gidget agreed with the poodle.

"We'll all visit Chloe later today, how does that sound?" Snowball piped up. Everyone seemed alright with that plan so the rabbit continued, "Now, for the rest of this meeting... we have three major problems called Duke, Mel and Tiberius. Two sneak off like everyday while one apparently ran away." Gidget whimpered at that last part. Giving his girlfriend a hug to comfort her, Max glared at Snowball. Gulping, the rabbit corrected himself, "I mean... is on vacation."

"Your point?" Ozone grumbled. Sweetpea chirped, sounding impatient.

"I'm gonna split us into three groups. Tiny Dog and I will try to find out where Fat Dog goes during the day. Gidget and Norman will go to Central Park to find Tiberius while Buddy, Sweetpea, Leonard and you Ozone will follow Mel," Snowball explained, adding, "Any questions?"

"Yeah, why is it you always pair me up with you?" Max questioned the rabbit.