Chapter 4

"I never get used to the fact that Pops invites so many strangers into his apartment..." Max murmured as he and Duke looked over a sea of animals, strays and pets alike. It truly was something to witness, an apartment filled almost to the brim with this many creatures. Just then, Pops himself strolled over with Myron by his side. "Remember my rules," was all he had to say to them.

"Don't worry old timer!" Snowball reassured Pops before hopping over to the dance floor. Sighing, Duke went towards the snack table. Mel and Buddy went off to find Sweetpea while Pepe dashed over to Leonard, who was jamming out to the music.

"Hey Max!" a familiar voice yipped. Smiling, Max turned to his left to find Gidget trotting over to him. The fluffy white Pomeranian brushed up against her boyfriend. "Missed you," she whispered. Licking her cheek lovingly, the terrier replied back, "I missed you too Gidget."

"If you two kiss, I'm gonna puke," Chloe meowed as she walked past the two lovers. Rolling her eyes, Gidget retorted teasingly, "You're just jealous Chloe!" Nodding his head in agreement, Max added on, "Maybe you should give a certain someone a chance." Chloe's only reply was a swish of her tail. Laughing quietly, Gidget led Max out onto the dance floor.