29. Final explanation - Final

Edited: 24 June, 2020

I decided to change into the bikini after all and quickly undressed myself, before putting on the bathing suit. Although it made me slightly self-conscious, my friends were right. I was around people who were important to me and I was important to them. I trusted them. I had to let go of this unusual fear of mine.

As I stepped out from behind the foldable divider, I walked in front of the standing mirror that was placed right beside the door, to look at myself. I didn't quite feel ready to show my scar, but it was covered and I was with friends. I had nothing to feel ashamed about. 

Yojin stood behind me with a cheerful grin across her face

Yojin stood behind me with a cheerful grin across her face. "I like what I see." She chuckled, which earned an eye-roll from me, still being unable to hide the smile forming on my lips.

"Right!" I smirked and nudged her shoulder. I walked back to my bed and start searching for something to cover myself. I didn't mind being in a bikini, but I didn't feel overly confident about walking around in basically an underwear. I dug deeper in my bag and soon found one of my mesh cardigans which ended around mid thigh. I put it on, feeling more confident than before.

We walked out of the tent and headed towards the lake. We saw some of the boys playing with an orange ball in the water, while the other half of the group played chicken fight, sitting on each other's shoulders. I smiled at the cheerful shouts I heard and the happy expressions I saw on their face.

We got closer and sat down on a few bigger rocks in front of the water, under the shade of a giant tree, hiding away from the sun's burning rays. The boys didn't realise our presence, although they weren't much closer to us. We kept watching them quietly, enjoying the idillic moment. My eyes wondered to one particular person. Jimin. He wasn't as careless as the others, sitting on Hoseok's shoulder, but he definitely seemed more happy than I had seen him since what happened.

Jimin was smiling playfully, flicking Hoseok's forehead as he almost fell of his shoulders. I was unable to take my eyes away from his happy expression as he was trying to battle against Yoongi who was sitting on Namjoon's shoulders. I wished to be closer to him, but I knew it was a far fetched wish of mine. I was happy that he was finally relaxed, even if I couldn't be a part of it.

"He will come around." Yojin spoke with a gentle smile, but I just returned her expression in a pained form.

"Everyone seems to think that." I spoke, turning back towards the boys.

"Just give him some time." She tried to convince you not to feel down, but it didn't work.

"Let's forget about it, Yojin. We are here to have fun." I stated with a reassuring smile, that I was fine indeed.

"Then let's go in." She stood up and reached her hand out for me but I just shook my head. "Come on." She chuckled and pulled me up.

"I'm good." I replied. I was more than content staying on dry land.