27. Unexpected surprise

Edited: 18 June, 2020

I was left in the hospital for a week, boredom becoming soon my best friend. My friends visited me, even Jimin did so, although he never talked to me. My parents came home from their business trip as well, scolding me for getting into such a situation, which they never expected of me. I just shrugged them off knowing they would soon disappear for another business meeting again.

I tried to force Jimin to talk to me, but every time I did, he seemed to tense up. I knew he was holding back something, he was not good at hiding it, but I had no way to get closer to him, when he kept pushing me away. And I understood, but I just couldn't stop myself.

I spent another week in the hospital, before I could have even thought about leaving the mess behind. On that warm and sunny Saturday, the day of my release, a nurse gave me a black duffle bag that Yojin brought in earlier that week with some of my personal belongings.

I was alone in my room, packing my cloths, laptop, chargers and such personal items into it, when I heard the door open. I looked behind me to find myself face to face with Yojin. She let a small smile curve up around her face, before she spoke.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Much better." I smiled. "I really don't want to be here any longer than necessary." I chuckled.

"Understandable." She said with an empathetic smile. "To make this day even better, I have prepared a surprise for you." She smirked with a suspicious glint in his eyes.

"And what kind of a surprise is that?" I asked with a raised brow.

"If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise." She giggled happily.

"Are the boys going to be part of the surprise?" I asked with a deep sigh, which made her furrow he brows.

"Yes, why?" She asked. I sat down on my bed and looked at her.

"Maybe we should just postpone it." I told her, not wanting to see Jimin's disappointed face again. I knew how to hide my feelings, but it had still hurt every time I looked at him when he came to visit. No words, just painful looks, making my chest feel like a ton.

"Is this about Jimin?" She asked with a frown. I nodded in response. "I thought so."

"I don't think it's a good idea for us to be around each other really." I spoke.

"Why? I honestly don't understand anything. Hoseok told me everything from the message they received, to what happened in the park and about the ex girlfriend up until to your stabbing." I flinched at the words. "But I just can't get myself around what this whole thing was about." She spoke with clear confusion across her face.

"I don't understand either. Huncheol said he took me as a bait to make Jimin feel pain, to make him suffer as much as he did. He told me that Jimin loved me, but apparently I didn't see it." I explained in a disbelieved manner.

"I wouldn't be surprised if that was true." She gave me a sideways look.

"You didn't see him, Yojin. He was in both emotional and physical pain. He was devastated each time Huncheol mentioned Danah's name." I heaved a deep sigh. "I could see the anger, the hate, the pity... it was like... God, I am so mad at myself, Yojin." I shook my head, being disappointed in me. "I was told numerous times, not to get involved with them, I was warned by Jimin to be more careful, but I was plain stubborn and I didn't listen. I put all of our friends in danger and forced Jimin to open up wounds that were still hurting him, that he still couldn't get over." I placed my face into my hands, trying to hide from everything that happened.