26. More than disappointment

Edited: 18 June, 2020

My body felt heavy under the soft material my palm was laying on. I tried to move it, but my attempt seemed to have failed. I struggled to turn my head, but every move I tried to make seemed to not want to oblige. As if my own body fought against me. I wanted to growl out of anger, but not even a note left my vocal cords.

I heard light laughters and giggles from rather close to me, still they felt like they were far away. It confused my mind. I heard conversations between different people, who although I couldn't recognise, their tone of voice confirmed that they were not the same people.

I attempted to move my body once again, not letting myself stay still. After numerous tries I gave up and focused on my eyes. I wanted to at least see my surroundings. My eyelids felt like they weighed a ton and I felt frustrated as they fought against my will to open. After a couple of tries, I lost counts of the attempts I made and just kept forcing myself to do it, to finally do something useful, when I saw a line of bright lights appear in my vision. I immediately closed back my eyes as the strength of the light made me feel an uncomfortable sensation. I kept trying to open them until I was finally certain that they could stay open.

I looked around the room, where I saw all my friends gathered around, goofing with each other. My vision was slightly blurred, but I could not have missed their forms. I blinked a couple of times, trying to get rid of the unclear pictures.

I recognised that I was once again in a hospital, which seemed to be almost exactly the same room I was resided in previously. It didn't appear to have that typical Hospital feeling as the lively mood of my friends made it more warm, more welcoming.

My eyes wondered off to the side, where HE was sitting in the corner of the window, looking outside with an empty gaze. I felt rather tired and I attempted to go back and let darkness take me once again, but I was just unable to take my eyes off him.

The sun was shining bright against his face, enhancing his cheek bone, which had a slim bandage plastered over it. His eyes seemed, tired and sunken in as if he was lacking sleep. His arms were crossed in front of his chest, his body language clearly showing he needed no interruption. He completely closed himself off from the others who were laughing happily at each others' random jokes. He didn't seem annoyed though, he was rather hiding in his thoughts, trying to close them out completely.

I tried to move, pull myself in a seated position, but my body didn't let me. Every part of me felt heavier than ever. I groaned as I moved my back and quickly closed my eyes as I felt a sharp pain spread across my side. I gave up on moving, realising that it didn't do me any good.

As I opened my eyes again, everyone's gaze was on me, as if all of them have frozen in place. The laughter died out and one could hardly hear anyone breath. I frowned at their weird behaviour as I looked at each and every one of my friends.

"Y/N" Yojin spoke first as she engulfed me in a gentle hug. "I thought you would never wake you." She smiled softly with a pained expression across her face.

"I'm... fine." I cleared my throat as I could feel my vocal cords strain under the dryness. She handed me a glass of water with a straw and I drank it without hesitation. It felt refreshing as the liquid slid down my throat.

"Are you in pain? Do you need us to call a doctor?" She spoke in a worried tone.

"I told you I was fine." I smiled softly at her attentive behaviour.

"You scared us you know?" Jungkook spoke from my other side. As I turned to him, I saw him shaking his head.

"Didn't mean to." I replied, but as I wanted to shrug my shoulders, the pain stopped me and I winced at the sensation.