7. Surprise message

Edited: 2 June, 2020

Over two weeks has passed since the double date has been cancelled and we haven't even talked with Jimin. When we saw each other in school, passing by the hall, walking through a corridor or heading to classes, we nodded as a way of greeting, but mostly we acted as we were mere strangers to one another. Which in honesty, we were. Other than the little plan we worked on, I basically knew nothing about him, nor did he know anything about me.

It was frustrating to say the least. We didn't know each other, but we certainly got along in the short amount of time. I didn't wish for much, a simple friendship could have cut it, but he didn't offer and I was not one to beg him for it, when he didn't want to have me around in the first place.

It was a heated Sunday, a rather hot March. This season was supposed to be anything but hot, however the weather didn't plan on changing. The air-conditioner was turned up to max, while I was still melting away, lying across my bed, unable to even get up.

I did turn on some ridiculous drama, that was anything but enjoyable. Binge watching series on Netflix was definitely a rather big part of my life, and Korean dramas were its main genre. But this particular drama was making me cringe. It was supposed to be full of love and fluff, maybe a bit of drama to raise the tension between the main characters, but instead it turned out to be a rather bad choice. I huffed annoyed and rolled around as a fish would do when out of the water.

I thought my day would consist of laying in bed and most importantly doing nothing. But as I was to change position from my right side to the left, my phone went off, buzzing lightly on the side of my night stand. Even straightening my arm to get hold of it required more energy than I expected to use that day, but I did reach it successfully for the third time, dropping my arm with the phone in my hands, on the top of my pillow, face down. I was not even curious who contacted me. I wished them to just enjoy doing nothing, instead of harassing me on such a useless day.

As I forced myself to finally look at the screen of my phone, my eyes widened in surprise. Park Jimin's name flashed on the screen and curiosity took over my lazy state. I opened the message and read it.

The word surprised, couldn't even begin to cover what I felt

The word surprised, couldn't even begin to cover what I felt. The last person I expected to receive a message from was Jimin and meeting up with him, was definitely not anywhere near something I expected to do through out the spring break.

I wasn't sure at first what to reply, but then I forced my fingers to type out a message.

"What could be so important, that can't be said through the phone?" I replied.

"It's not something I want to talk to you about on the phone. Let's meet!" He answered and he seemed eager to talk to me, which I thought was rather unusual. I replied with a simple 'Ok' before I decided that going in a pyjama might not be the most appealing outfit to wear.

I quickly forced myself out of the comfort of my bed and dragged myself to the bathroom. I took my phone with me, playing Rumours by Lindsay Lohan. I had some sort of a nostalgic feeling as I was singing along the lyrics with my horrendous voice and tone-deaf ears. I was aware of how ridiculous I sounded, but I didn't mind. I was just enjoying myself, as the cold water drops cooled down my body, previously heated up by the unbearable warmth of the weather.

I climbed out of my bathtub, dried myself and wrapped the towel around my body, walking up to my wardrobe to search for something to wear. I was having a bad hair day, so I decided next to a black beanie, hoping I wouldn't get a heatstroke outside. I picked out a black cropped shirt, which seemed rather tick, but it was actually made out a quite thin material, leaving enough air to move around. My eyes fixated on a black faux leather harem trousers, which ended just about mid-calf and was one of my favourites. I also picked out a few silver jewelleries and my white, hightop trainers to wear with the outfit. 

I walked to the mirror to look at my complete look when I realised that something was missing

I walked to the mirror to look at my complete look when I realised that something was missing. My face was rather pale as I have not gone outside in the heat. I took out a bottle of BB cream, to give some colour and used just about a hint of mascara on my eyelashes.

By 4.30pm I was all done and ready to leave the house. I picked up my tiny, white cross-shoulder bag, which was hanging off the back of my chair and walked downstairs. I put a small bottle of water into my bag, along with some snacks, hoping they wouldn't melt in the end. I took my keychain off of the wall, hanging right next to the door to welcome the warmth that forced itself up on me as I stepped outside. In that moment I was debating if I wanted to go anywhere, but I was too curious to just stay put. After a deep sigh I decided to close the door behind me, before I changed my mind.

Notes: If you enjoyed it, don't forget to like the chapter. Thank you :)