17. Denial

Edited: 12 June, 2020

It took me about two weeks to recover enough to leave the hospital. They instructed me to stay at home, but I just didn't feel like being stuck in the house alone. It didn't mean of course that I was glad to attend school again, I just didn't have better things to do.

On my first day, Yojin was waiting for me in front of the school entrance with Hoseok by her side. I wished some kind of a cheerful welcome, but instead, she was standing there, with her boyfriend embracing her in his arms, lips locked together. 

I could have been an evil friend, destroying their lovely little moment, but who am I to disturb them? I walked past them and entered the school, walking to my locker

I could have been an evil friend, destroying their lovely little moment, but who am I to disturb them? I walked past them and entered the school, walking to my locker. Soon enough however I heard quickening steps behind me.

"Y/N, you are finally back." Yojin wrapped herself around me from the back. I chuckled at her enthusiasm. It's not like we have not seen each other, she was constantly in the hospital, visiting me.

"Am I supposed to be happy about it?" I grinned as she finally let me go and I could turn around.

"Now you are able to see Jimin, every single day." She winked at me, which made me roll my eyes. Hoseok chuckled at his girlfriend's cheeky behaviour, but I, on the other hand, didn't find it as funny as they did. Jimin visited me in the hospital on a couple of occasions, however I already knew the reason behind it. It was all because I have asked him to act as if nothing happened.

"Yay!" I spoke with a very clear irony. I didn't miss the confusion across their face. I didn't tell her that Jimin rejected me after all. It was not on the top of my list, I rather wanted to forget it.

"What is going on? I thought you wanted to tell him." She looked at me with a puzzled expression. Of course I did tell her about my naive little idea of confessing my feelings, but once you get rejected, it's not as easy to talk about it. "Come on, you need to be more courageous." She smiled softly, but I didn't feel the need to return it.

"I'm good." I shook my head as I walked up to my locker to take out my books.

"Why are you giving up? That's not the person I got to know you as." She frowned with an unspoken disappointment in her voice.

"I'm not." I replied simply, closing my locker behind me, before I started walking to my class room.

"Stop!" She said firmly as she grabbed my wrist. "I know you. Something is going on." Her tone was demanding and I could see on Hoseok's face that he was rather surprised. He didn't see that powerful side of her just yet.

"Okay." I heaved a sigh. "I will be straightforward with you, because you seem to want to get on my nerves about it. I will not be confessing my undying feelings for him, because I already did." The slight sarcasm in my tone was more than clear. "I got rejected and that is where the story ends." I sighed, pulling my arm out of the dumbfounded girl's grasp, turning around and walking to my class.