21. Being careful

Edited: 15/16 June, 2020

It was Monday already. I stepped into the school building, dreading the rest of the day. I wanted nothing, but disappear. The possibility of meeting Jimin made me feel upset. After the kiss on Friday, I didn't know what to think anymore. I wanted him to feel something, even if just a part of what I felt, but after that night, I completely lost hope.

I walked up to my locker, lost in my thoughts as I started packing my books out of it. I heard a knocking sound on the metal door and I leaned backwards to be able to look at my visitor. A gentle smile appeared in front of me, wishing me "Good morning" 

 A gentle smile appeared in front of me, wishing me "Good morning" 

"Morning, Joongki." I replied, returning his expression. For some reason his happy mood made me feel a tiny bit better about the rest of the day.

"How are you feeling?" He asked tilting his head to the side.

"I feel like my day is getting better." I kept the happy expression across my face.

"Oh, I will take that as a compliment." He said with a cheeky grin spreading across his face.

"Who said that you were the reason?" I questioned his confidence.

"The murderous gaze that you were holding onto before I interrupted you?" He replied more in a questioning manner.

"Was I that obvious?" I grimaced.

"I am not sure what to say. Is this one of those traps that girls test the boys with?" He laughed awkwardly.

"No, I didn't even think about that." I chuckled. "But I am guessing that was supposed to be a yes." I replied instead of him.

"Let's just say, that you had a very dark aura around you." He spoke in a happier tone as I closed my locker behind me and we started walking towards the class. He followed me with a smirk across his face as our eyes met.

"Are you stalking me now?" I asked as he kept walking along me.

"I would rather say I am accompanying you to your class." I chuckled at his witty comment. I had to accept that he was definitely a person that made me smile even when I was down and I wished to have a person like that in my life. I appreciated that even though I rejected his offer to take me out, he decided to stick around.

As we were walking towards the class, my eyes met Jimin who was walking in our direction. Our eyes locked for a mere second and I couldn't turn away. He seemed to have the same serious expression across his face as if he was bothered. I tried to ignore his presence and turned back to Joongki. I couldn't play along his weird games anymore. I wanted to be happy.

As we arrived to my classroom, I waved to Joongki and thanked him for accompanying me, before I went into the classroom and took my seat right beside Yojin. She didn't speak. She didn't greet me nor did she look at me. I found her behaviour strange, but instead of focusing on her weird behaviour, I started taking out my books and notebooks from my bag.