6. Unexpected change

Edited: 2 June, 2020 

As Friday arrived, I was unable to sleep. My excitement decided to take over my sleeping pattern that night and I was struggling to get enough, if any, sleep. However I wasn't the only one. As I stepped in the building of the school, Yojin appeared in my vision with gigantic, dark circles under her eyes, which seemed to be sunken in. I walked up to her, putting my hand on her shoulder and stopped her from dragging herself across the corridor.

"Are you alright? You look a bit off." I asked with a worried frown across my brows.

"I couldn't sleep at all." She murmured, but I could just about understand her words. "I would like to cancel the date, Y/N." Her eyes looked at me in despair, causing me to feel even more confused.

"Why would you want to do that?" I asked with as much softness as I could master.

"I am really happy by just looking at him from afar. I'd rather stay invisible to him, while I know I can always admire him, anytime I want to, than making a fool out of myself and be known as the girl who had a crush on him. I would get bullied and you know I wouldn't be able to handle it. I am perfectly content where I am now." Clear suffering was written all over her face and I felt useless, unable to help.

"Are you sure you don't even want to give it a try? What if you regret it later?" I tried to reason with her better judgment, but deep down I knew she didn't even listen to me. I followed her painful gaze over my shoulder, landing on Jimin and Hoseok as they were joking around with one another. 

"I'm sorry, but I can't go ahead with it

"I'm sorry, but I can't go ahead with it. I love you, Y/N and I appreciate the efforts you have put into organising the date and taking the courage to talk to Jimin, but I can't and I don't want to go along. I would be devastated if it didn't work out." I wanted to cut in, tell her that Hoseok might just be interested, but she didn't let me. "Even if it did work out and I would be the happiest person alive, I would still get the heat from the other students. I would rather stay where I am without risking it." I knew I could have reasoned, but I also knew that she was way too afraid of bullying. She was a strong women, but fragile as well.

"That's fine, I will take care of it." I heaved a sigh and quickly typed a message to Jimin, cancelling the date. I looked back to see the boys having fun, carelessly, causing a gentle smile to appear on my face, before I walked away.

It hurt. I was unhappy because I didn't know what to do to help my friend. And I was unhappy because I felt that I had the opportunity to finally get to know Jimin better, but it seemed to be fading away faster than I could have imagined.

As I was walking along the corridor, trying to find Yojin before heading to class, I felt hands wrap around my wrist and before I could have protested, I was dragged into one of the empty classrooms. I didn't have to look up to the person to know who he was. His perfume gave him away instantly. I felt a the cold wall behind me as he stood in front of me with a deep frown across his brows.