12. Blossoming Romance

Edited: 5 June, 2020

The next few days seemed to be calmer, with no interruptions or harassment coming from the girls. They didn't try anything, nor did they gave us disgusted looks. Yojin became calmer too, which in my opinion was Hoseok's doing. Although I never voiced my thoughts to her.

The boys started hanging out with us more often, which in case of Yojin, had a rather positive affect. As much as she tried avoiding them before, she opened up to them and we did enjoy their company more than we thought we would. Yojin had a greater mood, she was smiling and giggling happily most, if not all the time. Hoseok was definitely helping her change her attitude towards this whole ordeal and I was more than grateful for him.

He started walking her home, he complimented her more openly that I thought it was appropriate. He made sure to be always around her, lightly touching her whenever he could, whether it'd be one of his hands around her shoulders, his palm resting across her lower back or a gentle caress on her arm. I didn't miss any of the signs and I was eagerly waiting for their next step. I was more excited than they were.

However, as happy as I was for them, the immediate change in Yojin's behaviour scared me. I was happy that she finally felt less depressed, less miserable, but I felt as if it was a rather quick change from one end to another. I didn't want to ruin her happiness, that was the last thing I wanted, but I couldn't keep my concerns to myself anymore.

We were sitting in the park, right after school, after the boys invited us out. They were laughing around, pushing at each other like the cheeky little children they were deep down. I was sitting with Yojin on the swings, being eaten up by my concern. I couldn't keep it in anymore.

"Yojin?" I called her. She turned to face me with an innocent smile spread across her face. "There is something I wanted to talk to you about."

"Yeah, shoot." Her eyes fixated on me. I wasn't sure how to start without acting as an ungrateful friend.

"You know, I love you. You are my best friend. But I am worried about you." She frowned at me, not knowing where I was heading to. "I'm so glad that we get along with the boys and I am even more happy that you and Hoseok got closer to each other. But... there's just this thing that bothers me." I paused, trying to find the right words. "You were quite under the weather before, you were scared of all the things that were happening around us, while you were certain that the best decision was to avoid being with the boys. And now it all changed. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy for you, for us, for all of this. I am just not sure what changed, really." An angelic smile curved up her lips.

"I am still cautious, I am not completely over it, but talking to Hoseok helped a lot. After the last incident, as we started becoming closer to each other, the way he talked, the way he looked at me, the way he touched me... it just all made sense to me to want to be closer to him. Even if it's only for a short term, I want to be by his side." She tilted her head innocently, heaving a content sigh.

"I'm guessing, we will keep hanging out with them." I raised an eyebrow, while a tiny smile crept up on my face.

"Y/N, they harassed us before we started hanging out with them, even though we had nothing to do with them. At least let's give them a reason now." She smirked, causing me to frown while laughing at her determination. It was certainly a new side that I discovered in her, but I loved it. Hoseok was definitely a good influence on her.

"Can I interrupt?" Hoseok appeared in front of us, with a serious expression across his face. I furrowed my brows curiously, but nodded as a response. "Yojin, can I talk to you?" He turned towards my friend, who gave me a look as if she was waiting for my permission. I just smiled at her, causing her to nod towards Hoseok.