She made me strong

Rosa

I watched him leave and I felt tears running down my face. Shit, what was happening here? I wiped my face and took a deep breath.

Ok, time to be calm. Just think.

And all I could think about was Dominic.

His crooked smile. His dark eyes. His laugh.

I knew what I needed to do.

I ran.

I made my way between groups of people, evading outstretched hands and offers of hugs. I skidded on a patch of water, grabbing a chair to steady myself then kept running.

I burst out the front of the Steading and the snow was falling in a thick flurry. I couldn't see him, I could barely see my hand in front of my face.

I heard a car alarm beep in the distance and ran towards it quickly.

The door open and closed, then I heard the engine roar to life.

"Dominic!"

I got to the side of the car and banged my hand against the window.

"Dominic!"

"Rosa?" I heard behind me.

I whirled around and saw him, illuminated by the car's brake lights, his face full of confusion.

I ran, pulled him towards me and kissed him. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer.

"I love you," I whispered, so quietly, that I didn't think he'd hear me. I thought the car engine noise and the noise from the party would have whisked it away into the snow.

"I love you too," he said, pulling me close and burrowing his head into my neck.

***

Dominic

She loved me. I breathed in deeply, smelling her perfume, her Rosa-ness and smiled. She loved me.

I kissed her neck, her cheek and her lips. She was soft and strong at the same time. She made me strong, or at least, try to be.

The snow flew down in thick waves and I pulled her into the backseat of the car and followed her in. She laughed and brushed the snow out of her hair and off her dress.

We grinned at each other like a pair of kids and then she was back in my arms and kissing me again.

"Dominic," she murmured.

"Mmm?"

"I need to go back in. I need to talk to Harry. I need to keep being Sophia's bridesmaid tonight or she will bury me alive."

I laughed and kissed her forehead.

"Ok. Do you want me to come and pick you up later?"

Rosa rolled her eyes at me, " What do you think?"

We kissed again and I slid my hands down her back. Rosa wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me closer.

"No. No, I need to go do this, stop being all...Dominic," she grinned at me.

I smiled back, kissed her one more time then she was gone in a flurry of snow. I climbed over the drivers seat and started the engine. The wipers flashed back and forth as I carefully reversed out and drove slowly up the driveway back onto the main road.

She loved me.

The wipers were working hard against the snow. I drove along the road under 20 miles an hour, the road was thick with snow and I could see the tracks from previous cars being filled up quickly. I pushed on, it wasn't going to take too long until my turn off then I could warm up and wait...

Something hit me from the right and the car spun again and again. My head flicked to the left then snapped back against the window. I felt a searing pain flash across my head. Another hit, this time from the back and then I had an odd sensation of being at the top of a rollercoaster before you drop down. I yelled, trying to see but all I could see was blood. I tried to move but my legs and, fuck, my right arm hurt a lot.

The car groaned and I felt the same sensation again then we fell. My car lights flicked then went out and I was left plunging into the darkness.