seven.

It was finally the day... the day the gang had been anxiously waiting for... the day Hadlee had come to dread.

It was currently 4pm and the house was buzzing with excitement to reunite with other gangs and announce that Justin had taken over... but most of all, they were all excited that their families would be involved this year.

Across town, six girls run around upstairs, deciding on hair styles, makeup looks and expressing their excitement. Hadlee, on the other hand, sits alone in her bedroom, staring at the blank word document as she tries to express her feelings into words... just in case things do go south tonight and she ends up not being able to return.

The dinner starts in under 2 hours and she hadn't even begun getting ready.

"Hadlee."

Turning her head to the side as her door opens suddenly, she catches sight of Camila. "Y-yeah?"

"Come on, we've gotta get you ready." she says. "It's already past 4."

"Oh... okay." Hadlee says, setting her computer on her desk after closing it and following Cami to her room where the rest of the girls were, practically ready and all.

Sitting in the chair, Hadlee allows the girls to do my hair first, curling it before making it look more natural and less done... per Hadlee's request.

Afterwards, Hadlee takes a fifteen minute break, going downstairs and sighing to herself while sipping at a glass of water.

"What's going on with you?"

Looking to the side, she notices Jessica entering the room.

She licks her lips, sighing. "I'm... nervous."

"Nervous? You?" she asks, laughing.

Hadlee rolls her eyes, nodding. "Yeah, Jess. I am."

"Why?" she asks, shaking her head and leaning on the counter.

*Hadlee's POV*

"Because I'm different than the last time any of them saw me. I was sweet and scared and now... I'm almost ruthless when it comes to the people I love. If someone tries to hurt them I won't care. I'll aim and shoot without a second thought." I tell her. "What if they don't like me like that?"

"You mean what if Justin doesn't like you like that." she says.

I laugh lightly, looking down. "Yeah, I guess so."

"All I know is that if you don't go, someone or multiple people could die. If you do, you can save them. And if he doesn't like that, that's his problem." she says. "This is you protecting the people you care about and if he sees that as anything less than admirable, he's not even worth it."

I look up at her again, a small grin playing on my lips. "Thanks Jess."

"You're welcome." she grins, hugging me. "Now, come on, Cami's freaking out because we haven't started your makeup."

I roll my eyes, letting her drag me back up the stairs and to the bedroom once again.

An hour later, the seven of us make our way down the stairs and into the living room, thanking my mother for all the complimenting and gushing she's doing as we stand in the room.

"You look beautiful." my mother says, taking my face in her hands. "But please... be careful."

"I will mom. I promise."

She smiles, kissing my head and going to sit down.

"Alright." I start, turning towards the girls. "Relay the plan back to me so I know everyone understands. Where are your posts."