five.

Stepping off the plane, my mouth immediately turns into a small grin, feeling as though I'm meant to be here.

"Okay." I say, taking in a breath and looking over to my family and friends who stand behind me. "Before we even take another step, I have one rule for all of you."

They all pay attention, listening closely to my words.

"If you feel as if something is wrong, tell me. If you feel like someone is watching, tell me. Listen to your gut. Don't hesitate. You hesitate, someone might get hurt. Okay?"

(Author Note: Yes, I know this sounds like bird box if you've seen it but no I did not try to write it that way. I literally can't think of any other way to write it. Sorry... okay back to the story.)

They nod, agreeing and following me to get our luggage before walking to the rental car place.

After a long, boring while, Mariana walks out of the building, looking over to all the teenagers leaning against it.

"Okay, there's two cars. One for me, one for Alejandro. Split up so we can get to the house." she tells us, and we do.

Arriving at the house, we all walk inside, looking around in awe while my mother sighs and starts looking around.

"I call the second biggest room with the balcony. No exceptions." I announce, making my way upstairs with my bags. I set them to the side and find my room before taking them inside.

I close my bedroom door, wanting to settle in by myself and not be bothered for a while, already partially annoyed by the presence of everyone here.

It was so much better when it was just me who came.

After about a half hour, my phone rings, making me put down the shirt I folded and pick up the phone, grinning at Rylee's name.

I answer the facetime call, grinning at the screen.

"Hey!" she says excitedly, smiling widely at me.

"Hey." I grin. "What are you up to?"

She shrugs. "Nothing much."

I nod in response, turning around to do something.

"Where are you?" Rylee asks, a small giggle escaping her lips.

I give her a look. "What do you mean?"

"That's not your room." she says, laughing. "Where are you? A vacation or something?"

"Um, I wouldn't really call it that." I tell her, making a face.

She narrows her eyes, staying quiet for a moment. "Are you in Canada?"

I sigh, nodding.

She gasps, a huge smile appearing on her lips. "Oh my god!"

"You can't tell anyone." I tell her. "Seriously, I don't want anyone to know yet. I have a few things I have to do and figure out first."

She groans. "Why?!"

"Because I said so." I tell her.

She sighs. "At least come to the dinner."

"The annual dinner?" I ask, giving her a look. "Isn't that like, 3 weeks?" 

She nods. "Yeah!"

"I gotta figure a few things out but I don't think I'm gonna come. I don't feel like dealing with Maverick's dumbass and even if I did, I don't think it's a good idea right now."

"Are you and Jay fighting?" she asks.

I laugh once. "Hell no. I just don't think it's a great idea for me to just show up out of nowhere all of a sudden."