Parents

"Edward came to us with your location." I immediately felt Calix tense up next to me, his face turning cold and serious. I rubbed his leg, trying to calm him down before he opened his mouth and flipped out. "Um, how about we all go to the kitchen, I can make some tea for everyone?"

They all nodded in agreement and got up, heading to the kitchen. I watched as they took a seat at the dining table. The air was tense, everyone had a lot to say, including me and Calix, it's just that nobody knew where to start. "So, Edward... the tall white Man?"

My father nodded his head and continued, "Yes, it was just a little bit after that phone call with you, we were stressing at home over your disappearance and we get a knock on the door. He didn't say much, he just gave us a card with an address and said this is where your daughter Eleanor is staying. After that he just left."

"That little shit." Calix mumbled under his breath, causing my parents to look at him alarmed. My parents, unfortunately, probably don't like Calix. They weren't getting the charming side of him, they were getting his no bullshit, mob boss side, but what did they expect? They busted in here like who knows what and completely disregarded him.

They were acting like he was filth on the bottom of their shoe, like they were so better than him that they couldn't even engage him in conversation, and It pissed me off. This was the father of my unborn child, and hopefully, soon my husband so of course I wanted them to like him, but if they really weren't going to make an effort, than oh well.

Calix and i weren't breaking up, ever. I wasn't going to let him go, and at this point he wasn't letting go of me either, and if they didn't like it well, then that's too damn bad.

I placed 4 cups on the table, filling them to the brim with freshly made earl grey tea. Calix grabbed his, mumbling a quiet thank you to me. I gave him a warm smile in response.

"So why did you guys stop by? It's not like Arizona is necessarily close to New York." My father took a sip of his tea before continuing.

"Well, we're taking you back." Calix let out a loud scoff. "The hell you are." My parents looked at Calix in disbelief. "And why would that be young man?"

Calix raised his eyebrows in disbelief as he stared at my father. "Because shes mine, that's why." My mother rolled her eyes, folding her arms gently. "She's not owned by anyone, who are you to stick your claim in her?"

"Who are you to take her back? If no one owns her, then why are you trying to take her away from me as if she were some piece of property?"

Before my parents could argue back, I cut in. "Listen you two, Im not going anywhere. My life is here with Calix now, not Arizona. I have no reason to go back there."

My parents looked at me as if I were crazy. "But what about ja-" I held up my hand in front of my mothers face making a stop motion and silencing her. Anger bubbled within me. "If you mention his name one more damn time I swear I'll lose it. He is dead. To. Me. Dead! I'm with Calix now, and forever. So don't you even dare mention that cheaters name in this home ever again."

Calix looked at me, flashing me an approving smile with a look in his eyes that screamed "that's my girl!" My parents looked at me with disappointment and shock filling their eyes.

Calix suddenly stood up from the table, letting out a satisfied sigh. "Well folks, great to meet you, but it looks like you've overstayed your welcome! Please see yourselves out!"

My parents looked up at me for help but I shrugged, taking a sip of my tea. "B-but you can't just send us out there! There's a blizzard coming soon!"

He gave them a nonchalant shrug and said, "Oh well, I'm sure you'll be able to figure out something." I felt a pang of guilt as he tried to kick them out. I couldn't just kick out my own parents, even if they were messed up and hard headed.

I got up and grabbed his arm, giving him my best puppy eyes. "Can they stay Calix? Please? Just for tonight..." He looked down at me and shot me a glare.

He let out a defeated sigh, "Fine! They can stay, but only for tonight. Any shit, and they're out." I gave him a warm smile and mouthed a small thank you.

"It'll be fun! You can all get to know each other!"