Love And Loyalty

"Listen you need to get an abortion." I stared at him In silence, hoping he'd let out a small laugh and say "just kidding! I got ya!" But it never came.

"Are you serious?" He nodded his head with a blank face. "No! I'm keeping the baby! I don't care what you say, I'm keepi-" he ran his hands through his soft blonde hair and let out a sigh.

"Please don't take this personal, but I don't want kids." I looked at him, appalled. "And why not!" I could feel my throat start to burn as I fought back tears. "What do you mean why not! I kill people and sell drugs for a living! I'm fucked up Eleanor! I'm a psychopath! I'll ruin that kid! Do you really want me to father a child? Eleanor I'm a sick bastard! I was just planning on selling you a minute ago! And you want to have my child? What the fuck is wrong with you! I'd be a terrible father!"

"How do you know?" He let out a humorless laugh, "how do I know? I know because I never had a good father that loved me! I was beaten every single day just because he felt like it! How am I supposed to be a good father if I don't even know what a good father is! Why do you even want to have a kid with a fucked up guy like me anyways?"

"Because I love you Calix! Isn't it only natural to have kids with the person you love!" He folded his arms and let out a small scoff. "Don't say that you love me. You don't love me, you just have Stockholm syndrome and think that you do."

I stared at him In utter disbelief, holding back tears. "You don't seriously believe that do you?"

"Have you ever seen someone try and rat out someone they love?" He turned around and walked out of the bedroom, leaving me sitting shocked on the bed.

I jumped up from the bed and ran after him, grabbing his arm and pulling him back. "I'll prove it to you! I'll do anything, just give me a chance to show you! I love you and I want to have a family with you so please!"

He turned around and stared at me silently. "Fine." He grabbed my wrist and dragged me downstairs to the car. We got in the car and he hit the gas, speeding out of the driveway. "Where are we going?"

"You'll find out soon enough." He drove rapidly through the freeway switching from lane to lane, practically speed racing. We arrived at a tall building. It had to be at least 50 stories tall.

"Come on." We got out of the car and he grabbed me wrist once again, pulling me towards the entrance. The building had large letters on the center that read 'C.S Enterprises'

We walked in and were immediately greeted by the receptionists. "Hey Boss! Long time no see!" He gave them his usual thousand watt smile and shot them a wave. We got on the elevator and he pressed the button with the word 'rooftop' engraved and within minutes we were brought to the rooftop of the ridiculously tall building.

He walked to the very edge pulling me along and looked at me, his face void of all emotion."
"Jump." I looked at him as if he were crazy. "Jump? What do you mean jump? Do you want me to kill my self?"

"Do you know what comes with love? Trust, commitment, loyalty. That means you don't switch up on me when it goes to shit. That means you stick with me till the end, no matter what. Do you understand that?" I nodded my head as he looked at me, his face lacking emotion. "I'll ask you one more time. Do you love me? Actually no, do you trust me? " I nodded my head again, eyeing him suspiciously. "Then jump." I took a deep breath, trying to silence my violently beating heart that pounded In my chest. "If I do it, will you forgive me?" He nodded his head.

I walked back, my heels handing off the edge of the roof. "I love you Calix." With that I closed my eyes and took another step back, feeling nothing but air under my feet as I felt myself plummet.

Suddenly I stopped falling and felt a large warm hand grasping mine. I opened my eyes to see Calix grabbing me, looking down at me with a panicked look on his face.

"You must really be crazy, I didn't think you'd actually do it!" I grabbed on to his hand tightly, feeling my heart beat rapidly in my chest. "I've been telling you I do this whole time haven't I? I love you and I'd do anything for you" With that, he pulled me up with ease back on to the roof.

He pulled me into him, wrapping his arms around me tightly. He nuzzled his face in my neck and whispered a small and quiet "I believe you." In my ears. I let out a deep breath that I was holding, "I thought for sure I was going to die. Why do you always have to go to the extremes." He shook his head, a look of disbelief on his face "I would never let you die. I just wanted to see how much you trust me, but I didn't think you'd do it."

"Listen, I'm sorry about the abortion stuff. I'll leave the decision up to you and be happy with whatever choice you make, I just don't want to ruin this kid like my dad ruined me so I'm a bit scared..." My lips turned upwards Into a contagious smile. "I'm keeping it."

"Yeah, I figured. Now lets go home." I nodded and took his hand In mine, walking with him side by side as we made our way to the car.