Family Is Important

I could feel the vibrations from Calix's chest as he erupted with laughter, making me smile. My head lay on his chest as we watched the Interview. He lightly tapped my arm, pointing at the screen. "Babe did you see that! Eminem said he's been playing Gay peek-a-boo!"

I let out a small giggle as I looked up at him. He had a huge smile on his face, showing off his dimples that were as deep as the ocean.

It'd been about a month since my psychopath of a lover asked me to jump off of the roof. After we got home and my nerves had settled, I'd asked him what he would do if he didn't catch me In time. With a face void of emotion, all he said was "I would have jumped after you."

Since then everything's been smooth sailing, my bellies even started showing. He finally came around the the idea of having a kid and had his heart set on a little boy. "Theres supposed to be a snow storm today." He said, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"I love the snow! If it does actually snow, can we play outside?" He looked down, giving me an amused smile. "I don't see why not!"

As I snuggled Into him, he tightened his hold on me, bringing me closer. Suddenly we were interrupted by a ring at the doorbell. Calix's eyes furrowed as he looked down at me in confusion. "Who the fuck is that?"

"I don't know, did you invite Otto or Felix over?" He shook his head and left the bed, revealing his broad back. I watched him as he strode to the closet, picking out a white sweater to put over his black basketball shorts.

He walked back to the bed and bent down. He opened the dresser, revealing a small handgun. "I'll be right back." I nodded my head, harboring a bit of worry.

Unexpected visitors weren't usually a thing here. Anyone who came here uninvited, well, lets just say, people didn't come here uninvited, with the exception of Otto and Felix of course.

I paused the movie, listening quietly for who was at the door. "Hello young man, we would like to see our daughter." The familiar deep voice made its way to my ears. It couldn't be.

"Who the fuck are you people?" I quietly got up and made my way down the stairs to confirm. As soon as I reached the bottom, my dark brown eyes met with my dads cold and calculating hazel ones. "Eleanor! Tell this white man to move out the way and let us in, it's freezing outside!"

Calix whipped his head around to see me, his eyes holding obvious irritation. "Babe, what's up with these people?" I stared past him in shock. It was my parents. What were they doing here? How did they even find me?

I took a deep breathe and shot calix a look that said 'I have no clue' and walked over to him, grabbed on to his arm. "Um please come in i guess?"

I pulled calix to the side to let them in. "Finally! What kind of child did we raise, having us stand outside in the cold like that!" My mother's irritant voice met my ears. I watched as they walked in, dragging luggage with them.

Calix shot me a look of disbelief as I let them into our home. I got on my toes and whispered in his ear. "They're my parents."

"You invited them without telling me?" He mumbled lowly. I shook my head, "I'm just as surprised as you are. I don't even know how they got our address."

Our conversation was interrupted by my mothers high pitched scream. "Bernard! Look at that viscous looking dog!" I rolled my eyes and walked over to my parents. "Hey! Leave Aries alone! He's a good dog, he's not even bothering you!"

"She's right Samantha you need to calm down. We haven't seen our daughter in God knows how long and you want to create a scene already? Give it some rest will you?"

Calix came up from behind me, taking my hand in his. He pulled me over to the couch and sat with me. "Aries, come." And instantly Aries strode over to calix, plopping down right in front of him.

My parents stared at us and we stared at them until i shot out the 2 burning questions that had been floating in my mind.

"Mom, Dad, why are you two here? And how did you find me?"