Chapter 40

Alex pov-

I saw Jason read the message he wouldn't let me see it my room then went silent only thing I could hear was our breathing and beeping of the monitor. "Jason are you alright" I asked I saw facial expression shift he didn't look excited anymore just cold and it ever made shiver because his body also felt cold, Jason took a deep breath "my mom message me the direction of the new house she wants me to come home now....but I don't want to leave" he said voice cracking.

My heart sank to my stomach... I didn't want him to go either this is our last time being with each other. But I then I remember the gifts he gave me today, I should return the favor and give him a gift as well. "Jason don't get upset ignore the message right now and let me draw you something since you gave me a gift," I said trying to make him feel better. He nods and puts his phone back in his leather jacket pocket I kindly tell him if could seat back in the chair.

He gots off my bed and took a seat back in the chair I reach over the railing and grabbed my sketchbook. A pencil marked the six-page that was new the rest of the paper I used earlier had doddles and sketches, I open the sketchbook and grabbed the pencil Jason looked at me curiously " I'm going to draw you Jason so I need you to stay completely still" I said he gives me a nod I smiled and begin to sketch Jason body.

My eyes caught Jason trying to look but I stopped and booked him on the nose with my eraser. "No peeking give a couple minutes," I said laughing He looked at me surprised and moved his head back, Jason rubbed his nose and puffs out his cheek but a goofy smile spread across his face. I kept taking glances at Jason appearance I kept erasing and cursing under my breath when I couldn't get his eyes correct I then had a sense of triumphant when I got eyes right. I then finished his body and begin to sketch me beside him Jason was going to love this.

Jason pov-

I ignored my mother messages again when I felt my phone ding in my pocket again I don't care if she wants me to go home I'm spending some time with Alex before I leave.  I then my phone dinged again probably my dad messaging me now,  he'll probably yell my ear out once I get to this new house, I continue to stare at Alex as he drew my picture a small smile spread across my face when I saw him stuck out his tongue. He looked so cute when he concentrates.

Alex pov-

My eyes twinkled with excitement when I finished drawing Jason's picture I shaded the last thing I needed for the drawing which was Jason's ears. I glanced at the picture again to check if I wanted everything I needed, I smiled and carefully tore out the page I handed it to him.

Jason pov-

I looked at the sketch and tears pricked the corner of my eyes his sketch was me and Alex was sitting under an oak wood tree. We're cuddling under a night sky in the corner was his mother she was watching over us, on the bottom of the paper was Alex's handwriting. -thank you for being my light- I wiped my eyes with my sleeve and looked at him "thanks Alex I love it' i said fondly as I gave him a warm smile.

Alex returned the smile with a shy one... he must never gave anyone a gift before. Alex was going to say your welcoming but I wanted to thank him again and tell him that appreciated the drawing he did for me, I lean over and pecked his forehead. I chuckled at his expression his face was burning red from the neck down...it was adorable to see him so flustered from a simple kiss on the head, "y-y-your w-w-weclome Jas-Jason" he stutterd queitly. I pulled away from him he was still blushing. I place my drawing on the table and asked if can get back in bed with him.

Alex nods I get back in the bed and wrapped my arms around I pulled the covers over us. alex snuggled into my side as laid his head on my chest, his face was still beet red.

Alex pov-

After calm my heart rate from jason kissing my forehead, I listen to Jason's breathing it was relaxing to hear it made me sleepy. But I didn't want sleep so i started a conversation with him again, it felt hours Jason and I talking but he had to leave becuase his mother was now calling him and visting hours were also over.

Jason got out the bed slowly but I notice that he wasn't slightest bit happy anymore. He gave me a glance and picked up his paper I drew, I sit up quickly and give him hug he hugged me back immediately but he held close to his chest. My heart cracked when I could feel his tears hitting my shoulder I told him everything will be okay and we'll see each other again soon, Jason sniffles and lets me go we looked each other once again and said our goodbyes. Jason then pushed the chair back to the table and leaves my room with a sad smile... I returned it as well.

Now I sat my hospital bed I messed the warmth that Jason body produce I laid my head against the pillow. It had jason scent on it I grabbed the pillow and hugged it close to my chest, I sat up and placed the pillow beside me I imagine the pillow as jason laying next to me again. I grabbed the picture that was on my table, I stared at it and stroked the glass... I didn't even notcie the tears falling on it.