Chapter 29

Alex pov-

My eyes slightly cracked open when I heard a repeated beeping I look around the room everything was fuzzy. But my eyes soon caught the attention of a familiar voice.....Jason was here, I tried to speak but my voice was filled with a strange liquid it kept preventing from speaking I stare at the direction where Jason was and I frowned when it was a blurred figure. Maybe Jason wasn't here but I swore I heard him I swallowed whatever was going down my throat and spoke clearly ".....Jason."

Jason pov-

I quickly let go of doctor Stephen and went to Alex side " Alex hey I'm right here" I said as I grabbed his hand. I saw Alex gave me a small smile "where am i" he asked as he looked around confused, I chuckled quietly "you in a hospital I took you here" i answered Alex eyes then widen with fear "No!" he yelled Alex then tried to sit up which caused the doctor to tell him to stop or his stitches on chest would tear.

But Alex wouldn't listen he continue to sit up my mind flashed Alex chest bleeding again. I quickly put my hand on his shoulder "Alex calm down everything alright" I said but Alex still wouldn't listen he started to yell on how it didn't want to be here or he didn't want any antidepressants, I heard the doctor say that he had to sedate him to calm him down. I frowned it was only going to panic him more Alex was almost out of the bed as he tried to pull out the tubes, I quickly wrapped my arms around and gently pulled him down.

I held him down and shushed him as he begins to cry and tremble Alex was mumbling into my arms. "Alex just breathe and listen to my voice," I said calmly I heard Alex take a small breath I smiled " good now I want you to tell me where do you think you are"I explained Alex shifted in my arms and glance around the room. It took him awhile to answer but he spoke quietly "pschyatric hospital" I gave it some thought and until it finally clicked... Alex thought he was in for suicide watch. " hey it's alright your not there your in a regular hospital" I said

I felt Alex body stop moving "are you sure," he asked worriedly I give him a nod. I let go of Alex and gently pushed him back down I pulled the cover over and fixed the tube, that was in his mouth and nose " I'm glad you're awake how your feeling" I asked as doctor Stephen checked Alex iv

" I'm sore" he answered I sat down in the chair and move closer to him.

Alex pov-

Doctor Stephen left after he checked if I was alright he was happy that I was awake. I glanced at my arms and frowned when I saw that they were covered up with bandages....they probably saw the cuts and bruises on my arms and body, I had a feeling that doctor Stephen are going tell my dad about that I was the one caused these marks but I only cut my arm. My father was the one that abused me and left these bruises but I know they didn't wouldn't believe me " hey Alex you okay you're dozing off on me" I heard Jason say.

"Thinking because now the doctors and nurses are going tell my dad about my cutting" I explained Jason gave me confuse look " but isn't that a good thing that your father will get to know" I clutch my blanket he wouldn't give damn that I'm harming myself. He just thinks of it at being a joke and if the doctors did tell him I know that it would anger him, " no my father doesn't give a shit about me and if the doctor tells him my dad will send me home and make his own suicide watch which was always hell" I explained.

"What do mean by he makes his own suicide watch" Jason asked confused I sat up a bit. " whenever my dad sees me being suicidal my father would lock me in my room with sometimes no food or water until he sees me not being suicidal or if I took my antidepressants it sometimes takes days or week for my dad to notice or even care"I explained I saw Jason face flash in anger but he quickly calms down. "I'm sorry that he does that to you" I just shrugged "I'm used to it by now but if my father did send me psychiatric hospital I know that place wouldn't help and only make me worse," I said.

We sat in silence until Jason dug in his leather jacket pocket and pulled out a folded paper he handed it to me and smiled softly. " I saw what they did to your sketchbook and found this," he said, I took it from him and open it a bit it was from my mother... I wanted to read this in private, "also I got the rest of your sketches" he said I place the folded paper on the table beside me I smiled " thank you Jason" Jason returns the smiles. I frowned when I remember my sketchbook being burn "what's wrong Alex" I heard Jason asked " luke burned my sketchbook and my mother gave me it to me"I explained sadly.

Jason pov-

I clutch my fist in anger " I'm sorry that he did to your sketchbook maybe I can get you a new one" I said that caused Alex to give me a small smile, my phone then buzzed in my pocket I took it out my jacket pocket and growled quietly when I saw it was my mom - its 12:45 am where hell are you if your doing drugs or drinking I'm calling the fucking police on you I texted you earlier to come home now- I clutch my fist she always assume somethings I'm not like my father. I just smoke and that's it I sighed heavily and stuff my phone back in my pocket, I didn't want to go home because I know that my mom will argue and complain to my dad about me.

But I took a deep breath " Alex I got to go home but I'll see you tomorrow with your new sketchbook" I said as I stood up and pushed the chair back where it was. I hid a frown when I saw Alex sadly look down at his blanket "okay... well bye Jason I'll see you tomorrow" he said not looking at him I place a hand on his shoulder he looked up at me I give him a warm smile " hey don't get down that I'm leaving I promise that I'll see you in the morning I'll even wake up extra early for you" I said Alex smiles slightly and nods.

Alex pov-

My heart aches when I saw Jason leave the room I laid my head on my pillow. I glanced around the room again... I was alone I miss having Jason sit by me and talk, I stared out my window and watched the night I closed one of my eyes and continue looked out outside. My body felt sore and tired I closed my other and slowly turned to my side maybe I should rest my body.

Jason pov-

I walked to my truck the ibuprofen I took was slowly wearing off which was causing also my body to have intense pain again. I unlock my truck and went inside, I glanced at the hospital..... I didn't want to leave Alex alone I would have slept on the sofa that was in his room or stayed in my truck. But I know that it would anger my mom more I sighed and put my keys in the ignition I started the engine and backed out the parking lot.

I drove down a quiet town couple more minutes I would be home my eyes drifted to a small art shop. In the window was displaying a marron sketchbook it had a strap to close, it would be perfect for Alex I would have stopped and get it but it was late in the night and the store was closed. Then I idea clicked in my head I could stay home from school and get up extra early to get it and also visit Alex, I grinned at the thought and turned down the street to my house.