Chapter 28

Jason pov-

It took 30 minutes for me to finally arrive at Grand River Hospital I speed through four reds lights and police didn't even see me. maybe the luck was on my side, I parked my truck in slightly empty parking I had hurry because I saw Alex blood leaking from my makeshift bandage. I open my door and tried to quicken my steps as my body begins to ache I was tired and hungry but I pushed it away and open Alex's door I give him a weak smile, "we're here Alex " I said I lean down to unlock his seatbelt " doctors are going to help you, buddy, "I grit my teeth when I picked him up pain surrounded my body I closed the door with my back I left his backpack inside I then headed to the hospital's doors.

a female leopard with black curly hair sat in the front desk she gave me shock look and told one of the nurses beside her to go to me. a young woman with blond hair came to my side she worried look on her face, "sir you need medical help " she said staring at my bruised face but I shook my head no and pointed my head down at Alex. "no I don't need anything he's more important" I said as held Alex tighter he was about to slip from arms she looked down and gives me a nod " alright please sit down I'll get him help immediately "  she explained the nurse told the women that was at the desk to call  doctor Stephen and a couple of nurses.

she nods and reaches for the phone that was on the desk I sighed and sat at a chair I stilled held Alex in my arms. I stroked Alex's hair and spoke quietly to him " don't worry Alex your in good hands" a male fox with dark brown hair was in front of me and an elderly woman was by the desk she had a stretcher, "Sir, I am Stephen we need you to give him to us " he said calmly I stared at Alex his eyes were still close half me didn't want to give him up I didn't want to leave his side but I know that he needs medical help fast. " can I put him on the stretcher" I said sadly he nods I stood up and stumbled towards the stretcher I laid Alex down and give him a sad smile I cover him up more with my leather jacket.

I lean close to his ear and whispered "just in case you need it"I gently pat his shoulder and stood back as the nurse rolled him down the hall. stephen walk towards me  and pat my shoulder he gives me a confident smile " we will do everything we can to help him" I nod and returned the smile he then leaves me and follows behind the nurse that had Alex, I soon sat back at my chair and smiled at the two nurses that help me. "thank you" I said they give me a smile and said welcome.

it felt like hours since I saw Alex I check my phone and looked at what time it was 7 pm I sighed a wanted to visit him before visiting hours ended. I turn my phone off when my mother message me, I laid my head back against the wall and closed my eyes I couldn't even take a nap I was worried about Alex. I open my eyes when I heard heels clicking towards me the nurse with blond hair was holding a tray of food and a bottle ibuprofen, " my names is Samatha I just wanted give you some food and medicine for your bruises" she explained kindly I sat up " oh thank you" I said as I grabbed the tray of food and ibuprofen "are you sure you don't need medical help you seems really in pain" I flinch when my ribs begin to throb but I spoke. " no I'm alright some ibuprofen will help" Samatha gives me worried look but ignored it and open plastic bowl that was covered the food, on the tray was a roll of bread a cup of mashed potatoes and a steak.

it smelled great I then dug into my meal as I was eating Samatha was looking at my wounds but I stilled ignored I didn't need help Alex needed it more than me. I didn't even care if sam or Jacob broke my ribs when they fought me, I swallowed my food down and reach for my glass of water to take two ibuprofen once I finished taking my medicine I wanted to ask if Alex was okay I put my spoon down by bowl of mashed potatoes. " when can I see Alex I wanted to know if his alright"  Samatha face fell when I mentioned Alex name she sat down beside me  "we don't know if Alex is going to make it" the tray on my lap fell and clatter on the ground spilling the remains of food " what do you mean he won't making it"I asked voice slowly rising with anger.

"Sir, please calm down doctor Stephen has been working on Alex since you brought him here but he has noticed that Alex body isn't responding to the treatment" she explained even though she told me to calm down I couldn't "what's wrong with his body" I said clutching my fist Samatha puts her hand on my balled fist, she sighs sadly  "Alex body isn't giving enough nutrients we have seen that his body is extremely thin and that causing doctor Stephen to lose hope because with Alex having lack of food and the way his body badly beaten.... we don't think he'll make it" she said I didn't look at her I removed my hand from her and stared at the grounds tears fell from eyes but I didn't wipe them off, I just stared at tiled floor Samatha soon crouches down and tries to clean up the mess that was on floor " this was all my fault " I mutter.

"Sir I understand that your upset but I think you should go home and rest" Samantha explained "no! I'm not leaving until I know Alex is going to be alright" I said looking directly at her. she gives me a sad smile and nods Samatha finishes cleaning up the mess and stands up " okay I will be with Alex and inform you of his condition" she said I just give her another nod Samatha then leaves me alone, I put my face and my hands begin to quietly sob......please God don't let lose Alex.

every hour Samatha would tell me how Alex was doing but it would cause my heart to crack when she would tell me Alex was doing poorly.  it was now 11:50 I tapped my finger impatiently as I waited for Samatha I stood up quickly when I saw her walking towards me, '' how is he"I asked she only give me answer by shaking her head "doctor Stephen is letting you see him now but I will inform you that Alex is still isn't responding " she then leads me down the hall to Alex's room. when we enter the room tears welled up my eyes when I saw Alex he was laying in hospital bed motionless he had feeding tubes going through him but the monitor beside him beeped Samatha then leaves me alone with him. I walked towards him and stood for a bit as I watch him his face was still bruised but his busted lip was stitch and also swollen he was no longer wearing his clothes, but a hospital gown and my leather jacket was on a that was sitting next to his bed.

I grab my leather jacket and sat down "hey Alex " I said quietly I scooted my chair closer and stroked his hair. " I heard that you aren't doing well" I bit my lip when I felt tears rolling down my cheek I tried to take a breath when I saw his arms were wrapped in bandages, "but I know that your going to be just fine" I said voice cracking......my mind kept going back to Samatha commenting on how Alex wouldn't make it. I move my hand down and entwined my finger with his I give him a sad smile when I saw Alex's chest was wrapped up with bandages as well.

I moved my left hand to his chest...this was my fault I didn't even notice when I saw my tears falling on him I begin to speak as my voice cracked with every word.

"I'm sorry that Luke did this to you"

"I'm sorry that I didn't come fast enough"

"I'm sorry that I left you alone"

"I'm fucking sorry that..... that I didn't man up to stop them from bullying you every single day"

My body trembled when Alex didn't say anything I shut my eyes and bit my lip until I felt blood. I laid my head on his chest and sobbed "please....wake up.....Alex.....please"I felt a hand touch my shoulder I didn't even look up " si-" the person begins to speak "its Jason," I said glaring at them with teary-eyes I realize it was doctor Stephen, he sighs and places a hand on my shoulder "well Jason I recommend you go home and rest we will inform you in the morning how Alex is" he explained calmly. I narrowed my eyes at him and balled up my fist "goddammit! I'm not fucking leaving until I see Alex wake up" I said angrily. 

I pulled away from him "I don't care how long it takes for Alex to wake up I'm staying for him" I said not looking at doctor Stephen. I heard him sigh "Jason visiting hours have been over you have to go home" he continues to speak calmly to me but it only angered me I stood up from the chair and grabbed his jacket, " fuck off will you I told you I'm staying with him"I snapped doctor Stephen didn't say anything but I saw in his eyes that he was sad but he was still calm. I didn't let go of him though I just clutch his jacket tighter......they having fucking throw me out because I'm not leaving Alex here.

we stood there for 10 minutes only thing you could hear was Alex monitor and our breathing but those two things immediately went quiet when I heard a familiar voice. ".......Jason".