Chapter 16

Alex pov-

The pistol shook in my hands but I kept my grip on it why did he have to be here I glared at Jason but he didn't leave even though gun was pointed at him. " why can't you leave me a-alone" I said voice cracking at the end he didn't say anything he just put his lighter away, "don't you get it I don't matter so go home" I snapped but he still didn't say anything he just slowly walked toward me "st-stay away " I yelled I try to press on the trigger but my fingers wouldn't move. "Alex hand me the pistol," he said calmly I shook my head no Jason frowned " Alex I'm begging you hand me the gun" I'm so close to joining my mom and he has come in and ruin it.

"NO you don't understand I have to do this " I stated angrily he wasn't going to prevent me from doing this I place the barrel under my chin I could hear the student voices encouraging me again they were shouting.

"SHOOT!"

"SHOOT!"

"SHOOT!"

But before I could even touch the trigger I was tackled to the ground.

Jason pov-

once I tackle Alex to the ground I tried to take the gun away from him but he put up a fight I grunted when he kicked me in the stomach. I had to get gun the away from him or we might get hurt, I tried to ignore him when he screamed at me, " please just let me " he pleaded but I ignored him completely. I felt rush of pride when I had the grip on the pistol but it soon ended when heard the pistol go off, I checked if Alex got shot but I didn't see any bullet wounds and I didn't feel anything. I soon realized I had pointed the pistol away from us and Alex must have accidentally pressed the trigger. we stayed  quiet until  I heard him speak "there was only one bullet" he took the gun out my hands and stared at it the pistol shooked in his hands "one bullet but you had to stop me" he whispered as tears rolled down his face, then he dropped the pistol Alex's body trembled but he looked at me "you couldn't just leave me alone" he said then he broke down. I pushed the pistol away from us and quickly hugged him he tried to push me away but I held him tighter and pulled him close to my chest.

Alex pov-

I try to calm myself down but it only caused me to have a panic attack while the student voices begin to shout at my failure.

"COWARD!"

"WEAKLING!"

"SISSY!"

I begged them to stop but it only made them angrier... this was all Jason fault I just wanted to disappear but Jason had to be a hero. my breathing quicken when I spotted the pistol maybe there was one more bullet left, I tried to reach for it but Jason held me tighter at my attempt to grab the gun that gesture had me made me snap.

Jason pov-

before I could say anything to Alex he started to yell " JUST LET ME DIE!" he begins to beat at my chest. I grunted but didn't let him go " I don't want to be here anymore" he whispered sadly, I closed my eyes when he stopped hitting my chest. I laid my chin on his head my ears flattened against my head when I heard Alex sob again I rub his back to comfort him, my heart shattered when I heard all the self-hatred he was saying to himself. " Alex," I said trying to get his attention but he wasn't listening to me he just continued to bring himself down " even if I did shoot myself my mother wouldn't want me either" he mumbled " don't say that I'm not letting you this because there are people that do care about you"I said "stop lying to yourself your only get hurt" he answered " Alex I'm not, for instance, I care about you" I stated I pulled away from him and looked him in the eyes. 

he chuckled at my answer it send a shiver down my spine because it sounded cold " the only person that cared for me was my mom and now she gone" he replied quietly. But I heard every word he may have lost his mother but I swear that I care for him and I'll do anything to save him, we sat on the grass for while Alex had stopped crying he stayed  in my arms fidgeting. "why did you save me?" he asked not looking at me he was staring at the pistol again, "  I saved you because you matter to me" I answered truthfully that cause Alex to glared at me with teary-eyes but it quickly ended. "why can't you just follow everyone else and ignore that I exist" he said sadly before I could answer him he told me to let him go he wanted to go home, I carefully unwrapped my arms he pulls away from me and stands up Alex went to the gun. I panicked and got up quickly to stop him, but he just picked it up and stuff it in his pocket he pulls his hoodie up and begin to walk out the forest." wait, Alex, I can drive you home" I yelled but he said he'll be fine walking home "I'll see you tomorrow at school then"I said he just nods and leaves the forest.

I lay back into the grass with a loud "thud" and sighed tonight was crazy but I hope Alex will be okay I dug into my pocket and grabbed my cigarette and lighter I really needed that smoke.