Chapter 39

Alex pov-

I fell asleep after thinking over goods times my family had but I soon was disturbed when I heard my door open.  I yawned and rubbed the sleep out of my eye it was Samantha she poked her head in and gave me a smile " I'm sorry for waking you dear but you have a visitor" she said it was late a night who wants to visit me now I thought, I give her sleepy nod she chuckles quietly she moves away from the door and opens it up more.  maybe my dad was finally visiting but I was soon wrong when I saw Jason walked through a door with a picture in his hand. 

my heart swelled with joy when our eyes met "I'll leave you two alone" she said softly leaving my room as she closed the door behind her. "sorry I came late but I wanted to check on you again" Jason said smiled as he walked to the chair that was by my table and took a seat, "okay but I'm doing alright Doctor Stephen came in and told me I'll be released tomorrow" I said "but Jason I thought you said you'll come tomorrow why are here now?" I asked confused, Jason expression changed immediately he was no longer smiling and he gave me a nervous look as he avoids answering my question. 

"I'm glad that your being released tomorrow," he said covering his nervous look with a forced smile. I frowned slightly I didn't like that Jason was upset and hiding something from me "Jason you alright your acting strange" I asked as sat up slowly but he didn't answer me he just avoided it again with a light chuckle. " I got you another present," he said handing me a picture a frame, I took it out of his hand and looked at closely my frowned deepen when I saw Luke and his friends but my frown ended when I saw Jason smiling it made me happy. "thank you Jason but could have gave me this tomorrow" i said Jason clutched his hands and stuck them in his leather jacket pocket, "Jason please tell me what's making you upset what happened"I demanded not showing any anger in my voice just concerned.

jason sighed and looked at me his eyes showed nothing but the pain it took him a while to speak "... I know I said I'll  be here tomorrow but things came up with the moving and I'm leaving today"  he faced showed like he didn't believe his words " so that's why I gave you this present for a farewell gift because you might forget about me" he added sadly I stared at the picture again and at Jason he was looking at the ground now. "Jason" I said to get his attention" he slowly lift up his head the swelling of my heart stopped when I saw he was crying, "Jason, why would ever forget about you, were the only person that actually reach out to help me" I said giving him a small smile...he was the only person that cared about me while the other people turned their back to me if I felt like he heard my silent screams of pain.

I lean over the railing and wrapped my arms around my shoulder my heart beat fast. When Jason wrapped his arms around me as well and hug me tighter than ever before, but it felt comforting to have his arms around me again Jason lean his head to my ear "thank you, Alex.... I wish I was there to help you when your mother passed" he whispered in my ear softly. I dug my head in his chest and smiled we then pulled away from each other I wiped Jason's eyes and sat back in my bed, "hey if you take the picture out of the frame my numbers are on the back" he said.

I take the picture out of the frame and turned it on its back I chuckled slightly when I saw Jason messy handwriting of numbers. His handwriting soot him I saw Jason blush when I kept staring at his messy handwriting, he scratched the back of his head and spoke " sorry my handwriting is really shitty" I give him a smile "its fine Jason and beside it soots you"I replied but I realize even though I had Jason's number I couldn't call him back because I didn't have a phone and couldn't afford one. "Jason... I don't I have a phone," I said sadly but he gave me a warm smile and grabs my hand he gently stroked my finger, it made me feel better.

"Don't worry Alex when you do get one call me immediately then we can talk for hours talking about how are days was or if you need me to make you feel better" Jason explained. I nod Jason laughs, but he wasn't making fun of me his laughing because of the stress of him moving was lifting off his shoulder. It also caused me to laugh with him, we soon stopped after 5 minutes to catch our breath Jason then asked me if I could let him on the bed.

I nod and moved for him to get in which he did Jason put his arm under my back and pulls me close to him. I laid my head on his chest and listen to his heartbeat in a small rhythm, it was soothing to listen we then started a conversation it was mostly about embarrassing things we didn't as a kid and cracking jokes. As the night went on our voices bounced off the walls it also made me forget that my dad was picking me up tomorrow.

But our conversation of embarrassing stories and laughing was cut off when we heard Jason's phone dinged in his leather pocket. Jason hid a frown and dug in his pocket.