8

The little kids had a dance that involved their parents. Skyler's parents weren't with her, they didn't even pick her up from school like they promised that morning. She was outside sitting on the sidewalk waiting for her parents to arrive, she was so excited for the dance that she didn't notice how long she'd been sitting outside. All she could think about was the dance tonight. Luke was there at the dance with his daughter Percilla. He was the only one to notice Skyler sitting outside the whole time, nobody bothered to care about the six year old who has been sitting in the same spot for four hours straight.

"Cill, why don't we go outside?" Luke asked looking down at Percilla who was hugging him, she nodded and grabbed his hand following him outside.

Once they got outside Percilla pointed at Skyler who was watching for her parents car to arrive.

"Go say hi. Ask her to come inside, I'll come with." The two went over to Skyler making her look at them.

"Hello." Percilla said.

"Hi." Skyler said scanning Percilla's body seeing she had on a blue dress. She looked down at herself to see she was wearing a very old shirt, shorts, and sneakers, they were even dirty and had holes in them.

"Wanna come have fun with me and my daddy?" Skyler quickly shook her head.

"My-my parents are coming." She nodding trying to not think that they forgot when she's been telling them for the past week about the dance.

"You've been sitting here since schools been over." Percilla stated causing Skyler to hug her legs more, she was stuck here until Monday afternoon was what she thought.

"Aren't you cold?" Luke asked sitting beside the little girl, she nodded.

She looked at Luke and slightly opened her arms. He picked her up and hugged her as she cried. He could hold her all day. Once Skyler calmed down, she looked at Luke who wiped her eyes.

"How would you like to stay at my house for awhile?" He asked, she nodded not thinking of the consequences.

Luke looked at Percilla who was watching them, Percilla didn't understand it. He never did that with Percilla, never, never, never. Luke carried Skyler to his car while holding Percilla's hand.

While on the way to Luke's house Percilla and Skyler started talking.

"I'm Percilla."

"Skyler."

"What do you like to play with?"

"I'm not allowed to play. Mommy says I'll be stupid if I play, I wash the dishes and clean the house while Mommy and Daddy go out." Skyler nodded thinking that was totally normal for a six year old to do grown up stuff. That broke Luke's heart, a little girl to do grown up stuff while her parents go out.

Nobody said anything until they arrived at the big white house. Skyler was in awe by considering her house wasn't the best. Skyler unbuckled and got out of the car while Luke helped Percilla get out. Skyler waited for the two, she followed them in the house and just stood at the door while Percilla ran into the living room yelling 'Mommy'. Luke turned around and looked down at Skyler who was looking at the ground with her hands in front of her. He went over to her and crouched down in front of her causing her to look at him. He slightly opened his arms so she went into them letting him pick her up. They went into the living room to see Percilla talking to her mother, Riley, about the dance.

"Luke, who's that?" Riley asked looking at Skyler who had her head resting on Luke's shoulder.

"Skyler." He looked at the little girl in his arms wishing he could have her.

He turned around and went upstairs going into Percilla's room. He grabbed some pajamas for Skyler and went in the bathroom.

"I got it." Skyler said when Luke let her down.

"Can I help you?" He wanted to treat her the way she deserved to be treated, like a princess and little girl.

"Help me?" He nodded. Nobody's helped Skyler get a bath since she was able to which was a long time ago.

She thought about it for a second then nodded. She felt safe with him. After the bath and getting Skyler ready, Luke took her downstairs.

"Do you like cereal?" He asked causing her to nod.

"What kind?"

"The fruity ones." He took out the box of Fruity Pebbles showing her, she nodded. Skyler's only ever eaten Fruity Pebbles at school and she loved them. He set her on the counter and got the both of them cereal. Luke totally forgot about Percilla and Riley until they came in, Riley was pissed and she hated Skyler, it was Skyler's fault for ruining Percilla's night.

"I think she should go home." Riley said as Percilla held onto Riley's leg.

"No, she's not going back." Luke said looking at Skyler who was looking at him. While he was giving her a bath he saw bruises, cuts, burn mark, scars, he wanted to keep her safe.

"She's not staying here, Luke."

"Then we'll go somewhere." When Skyler was done with her cereal, Luke took her upstairs, grabbed some of Percilla's clothes for Skyler then went into his room. After he got what he wanted into a duffle bag, he took Skyler to his parents house. On the way to Luke's parents house, Skyler fell asleep while listening to Luke sing to her. He carried Skyler in the house, who was fast asleep.

"Who's this?" Luke's mother, Liz, asked.

"Skyler. Can we stay here?"

"Of course."

Luke took Skyler upstairs and laid her on his old bed. As he was taking a pair of his clothes out, the door slightly opened to his mother.

"I want her." Luke said while looking at Skyler, all he knew was that he wanted to keep her safe and love her.

"Be careful." He nodded and Liz left.

Luke got in the bed beside of Skyler after getting changed. Skyler opened one of her eyes and scooted closer to Luke grabbing onto him, snuggling into him. She quickly fell back to sleep, soon Luke did as well while holding onto Skyler.

- - -

I know this sounds bad, but it goes with the story