"Has it occurred to you, Harry," Mr. Weasley started. "that Snape was simply pretending—"

"—pretending to offer help so that he could find out what Malfoy's up to?" Harry interrupted, speaking quickly. "Yeah, I thought you'd say that. But how do we know?"

"It isn't our business to know," Remus intervened. I was thankful for his comment, and repressed the urge to give him a wide grin, but I still found myself seething because of Harry's constant ranting. "It's Dumbledore's business. Dumbledore trusts Severus, and that ought to be good enough for all of us." I wasn't as happy at that. He was only defending Snape; not Draco. I debated interrupting, but decided to listen a moment longer.

"But, just say- just say Dumbledore's wrong about Snape—"

"People have said it, many times. It comes down to whether or not you trust Dumbledore's judgement. I do; therefore, I trust Severus." At that, I find I couldn't hold back my thoughts any longer.

"What about Dr- er, Malfoy? Don't you think it's highly unlikely he's doing anything wrong anyway? I mean, other than just being a bully." I say to Remus, but mainly so Harry can hear. Remus looks unsure for a second, but was altogether confident in his response.

"Well, he is just a boy—"

"A boy with a death eater for a father," Harry says. I turn to see him looking me dead in the eyes. I glare at him in warning, but as usual, he doesn't back down.

"Yes," Remus says slowly, examining the interaction between me and Harry. "But he's still only 16."

"Exactly. Draco is not evil, and he most definitely isn't a death eater. Hes far too young to be mixed up in all of that." I state, staring unwavering at Harry. Remus looks at me confused for a second, and I realise I called Draco by his first name, but I don't acknowledge it. Harry just glares back at me, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You only say that because you fancy him," Harry spat. My eyes widen, and for once, I'm not sure how to reply.

"I- I don't- you don't know what you're talking about. You sound like a child," I say, silently cursing myself for stuttering. Harry just scoffs at my stupid reply.

"See, you can't even answer properly. You fancy him," he says, evidently disgusted. If looks could kill, Harry would be six feet under from the glare I was giving. I finally noticed that the room had went silent, so we must have been louder than I thought. My face burned with embarrassment and rage as I stood to storm off into the room Ginny and I shared. I threw myself onto my bed, put a pillow over my face, and yelled into it. I'm not sure how long I laid there, but eventually I heard someone enter, and looked up through bleary eyes to see Ginny tip-toeing her way into the bedroom.

"You don't have to be so quiet," I tell her. She jumps slightly at the suddenness of my voice and places a hand over her chest, but then nods and sits on her bed.

"It's nearly eleven o'clock, we should be heading to bed. Tomorrow's Christmas," she says, speaking gently as though if she raised her voice, I would break. I was annoyed by her assuming I was so fragile, but said nothing about it as I laid my head back down on the pillow.

"Yeah. Thanks." I answer dully.

"Goodnight, Y/n,"

"Night, Gin."

~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes peeled opened to meet blinding light streaming in from the windows before I realised what day it was, and I quickly pressed my glasses onto my face. A plump stocking met my line of sight almost immediately, as did a pile of presents at the foot of my bed. Ginny was already ripping away at wrapping paper while seated with her legs criss-crossed on top of her comforter.