12: Bizzarodale

Start bij het begin

Josie winces. "Does it have to be so official?"

Pea sighs, putting Tori in her stroller. "Josie, I like you. And I would be with you, all in with you, in a second, but you sliding into my life whenever you don't wanna be alone... I'm not built that way." Josie looks down. "Maybe that makes me needy, but I just...I gotta get off this merry-go-round with you." He looks out the window. "And there's her."

Josie looks out the window. "Emmy?" She furrows her brow. "I thought that you two split."

"We did." Pea sighs. "But she's the mother of my kid. She's the only person in my life right now that has made anything better. She's the light of this dark ass place." He runs his hand through his hair. "And I still love her, Josie. As much as I like you. Its always gonna be her."

Josie purses her lips, nodding. "Okay, I'll uh, go, I guess."

As she says this, I hop into the trailer. "Hey, Pea," I look up to see her. "Is everything okay?"

Josie nods, "Yeah, everything's great." She whispers, rushing out of the truck. I raise a confused brow, looking back at Pea. He stands up, walking over.

"What the hell happened-" I'm cut off by his large arms wrapped around me, his chin resting on my head. "Are you okay, dude?" I ask, slowly rubbing his back.

He sighs. "I will be."

At the Pembrooke, I get a call from Cheryl. "You mean Mom literally set a rule that we can't get into Highsmith?" I ask, flabbergasted.

"Exactly." Cheryl says. "Though it's no surprise she wants me never to step foot in there as a student, it's surprising she's keeping you out. You are her favorite child and all." Cher explains. "I'm running to the Maple Club to speak to her wretched face before continuing my plan to help TT with whatever is needed." She hums.

I nod, pulling a plate out of a box and putting it on the shelf in the kitchen. "Okay, Cher. I'll see you tomorrow at school." We exchange goodbyes as Pea walks in.

In a towel.

"What the hell, dude!" I squeal, covering my eyes and spinning on my heel. "At least put pants on!"

His laugh drifts through the air. "Sorry, they're all in boxes." He teases. I turn around, sending a glare in his direction before stomping to my...our bedroom, opening the dresser drawer and pulling out a pair of sweatpants from his side of the dresser. "Huh, I didn't know they were there." You could literally hear the smirk on his face. I roll my eyes, tossing them at his face. He laughs as I walk out of the bedroom.

Grabbing more dishes, I put them away as he comes back out with actual clothes on. "Do you have her high chair yet?" He asks.

"I think it's still in its box." I say, stepping onto my tiptoes, putting away a bowl.

I feel a pair of large hands on my hips, causing me to turn around. A pair of brown eyes look down at me. My heart begins to go a mile a minute as he leans in closer. His lips press against mine. My arms link around his neck as he lifts me onto the counter, my back hitting the cabinets.

"Ew! Next time lock the door first!"

I push Sweet Pea off and look up with wide eyes, Veronica and Reggie standing side by side. "Damn, E, we never got that far-"

"I'm going to whoop your ass, Mantle." I scold. He laughs as I hop off the counter, hopping over. "What do you guys need?"

"Can you meet with us tomorrow? I'll text you the details. It's about..." Veronica shifts her head side to side.

I nod, my brows furrowing in confusion. "Yeah, for sure. I'll see you guys later."

They nod, Veronica looks back at us. "Use a condom this time, we don't need more baby lodge blossom serpent hybrids." She says before shutting the door.

I look back at Pea, my eyes wide before he busts out in laughter. "That was embarrassing." I say, covering my face. He continues to laugh, wrapping his arms around my waist, swaying us around the kitchen. A laugh escapes my lips as he starts singing a random song in a weird tone.

This is the most peaceful week in Riverdale yet.

Cheryl and I walk into school together that day. People surprised due to what recently happened with our family. The two of us are twinning for the first time in forever, except her skirt is red and gray and mine is blue and gray.

We walk into the commons,where Kevin Keller sits by himself, mopping around at a table. "Well, someone looks like they could use an epaulette to cry on." Cheryl says, standing by my side.

Cheryl sits in the chair across from him, and I stand by her side. "We're not trying to carb-shame you, Kevin, but, whatever's on your mind, it's not worth it." I pick up a box of candy. "These aren't even good." I mutter

"So put down the swizzled, and tell us your tale of woe." Cheryl says. "I could use the distraction."

Kevin looks at the two of us. "Well, there's this guy, and we've been having problems..."

"Moose, you mean?" Cheryl asks. "I saw you lounging together at my pool party, looking like a community theater production of The Talented Mr. Ripley." She continues.

I lean down. "The Moose ships been trouble from the gay get-go." I say. "Maybe it's time you move on."

"I can't go back to Fox Forest." Kevin says with worried eyes.

Cheryl smiles. "Oh, sullen, tenderhearted Kevin. I'm not talking about cruising, I'm talking about Bumble." I roll my eyes, no longer paying attention.

"I like Moose a lot. I just wish he'd be honest with his dad, so we could date. You know, openly." Kevin says.

"What's his hang-up?" My sister asks.

"Major Masons not the biggest fan of our persuasion." Kevin admits.

I scoff. "Being the sister and best friend of three openly gay people, it burns me that there are still people in this town that still believe that being gay is anything less than rapturous." I say.

Kevin stays silent for a moment before speaking; "Maybe Moose would come out if he liked me more." He says sadly.

Cheryl puts her hand on his. "No, it's not your fault, Kevin. Your aesthetic may be firmly rooted in the 1950s, but you're a catch in any decade." She hums.

"I can't tell if that's a compliment or insult." I say, my arms crossed.

My sister rolls her eyes at me. "As for the object of your affection, maybe he just needs the subtlest of nudges?" She offers.

Kevin leans forwards. "A bulldozer wouldn't be enough."

I face palm. "This is so not ending well."

Sweet Pea and I meet together after class. Our eyes wide as we see a very angry Toni storming away. "This is...rough." He says, lost for words.

We pass the music room, seeing Archie and Josie in there. I raise a brow in surprise. "Huh. Who would've thought."

"Our exes." Sweet Pea continues. We look at each other, shrugging and walking to our next class.

________________________________

i decided to cut this off here lmao

sweet pea and emmy are having a lot of moments in this chapter as well as the next one. i'm lonely so emmy and pea can have happiness.

and i decided i'll probably have emmy do the veronica roll in the musical episode because josie can scurry. but archosie shall rise oops.

anywhore hope you guys liked this idk its kinda a filler cause i didn't think the story lines in this weeks episode could really fit in with emmy and stuff bUt i'll make it work.