Jealousy ||newt||

A/n: we are near to the end of this book, just one more imagine left. Thanks for everyone who read this book I really appreciate it so much. I will keep on writing because writing makes me escape from my reality. So this is a gift for you to celebrate 6k readings 💕
enjoy!!

Since Teresa arrived into the Glade nothing was going to be the same

Since Teresa arrived into the Glade nothing was going to be the same. It's not that I didn't like her, it's just that I was used to be the only girl in the glade and for this—used to have all the attentions.
Especially from Newt, Thomas and Minho.

They were my best friends and I kinda of had this thing for Newt. One day I found myself looking at Teresa and Newt more that I probably should because Newt was working with her in the gardens. She was about to fall and Newt grabbed her wrist and almost fell on him.

I have never felt something like this: heat was eating me inside—some called it jealousy.

"What's wrong y/n?" Thomas asked glancing at me. He got injured into the maze that day. Nothing serious but he needed to be fixed up with some bandages.

"Nothing." I firmly said wrapping his wrist softly.

"Oh sure, nothing." He giggled. "I know how you are feeling." I looked up at him who was looking at Newt and Teresa playing into the gardens.

"You do?" My voice was about to crack.

"More than you imagine. Come here." He opened his arms and hugged me tightly giving me the strength I needed and doing the same for him.
-

Me and Tommy had dinner together that night, we really were not in the mood to talk with anyone else until someone arrived.

"Hey y/n. Why didn't you catch me up before dinner?" Newt asked confused looking from me to Thomas.

"Maybe I should go. Minho needs me. See you later y/n." He squeezed my hand reassuring me and then looked up at Newt whose gaze fell on our hands. "See you mate." And with this Tommy left.

"Oh I see you and Tommy are pretty close."

"You and Teresa too."

"Wait, what?" He furrowed his brows. "This is what all this is about? You are staying with Tommy because I worked with Teresa?" He hissed.

"No! We are friends. We always were. He was there for me when you weren't because you were too busy laughing and playing with her. I saw you both and I can still tell the difference between playing and working." I stood up facing him.

"You are insane." He passed an hand through his hair in distress.

"You know what? Never mind, I don't care." I started walking away when I felt a grip on my wrist making me turn around. Before I could say anything Newt's lips rushed on mine. He pulled away softly.

"What was that for?" I whispered still shocked.

"To show you I could never do with her what I just did with you."