Beginning of a new life ||newt||

Newt

Y/N pov

Y/N pov

I can't sleep. I keep on moving and moving in this soft bed thinking about the hamlock where i used to sleep at night in the Glade.

I keep on thinking about the grievers, their screams. All the good people we have lost right there and all to WCKD. All for Ava Paige. All for the flare.

I try to close my eyes but everything I see is Jeff's blood in my hands, me kneeling beside him crying and screaming untill I almost fainted.

I start to shake and pant in my sleep and I can't wake up. The grievers are coming for me. Someone is calling my name but I hear it as a whisper, I can't figure out who is talking.

Then the griever is about to sting me.
Someone is shaking me by my shoulders softly. I open my eyes panting loudly, I have never been so scared.

"y/n, it was just a dream. Wasn't it?" I would recognize that voice even in a crowd. That accent. The blonde-headed brit. Newt.
"Y-yeah, it was..I just can't feel safe here"
"Why is that? Y/N we're safe now. This is the beginning of the amazing life we all deserve" Newt frowns.
"I don't trust this people, Newt. I just.. don't" i almost scream looking at him, my voice gets softer as i look down to my nervous hands still shaking.  "I wish you could believe me". His hands reached yours squeezing them. "Hey, look at me" he says and instantly you look at him, his deep brown eyes. " I do believe you. I have always believed you and you know that. If you don't like this place, if you feel something's wrong with these people I will be the first one to stand up and fight for.. emh, i mean.. with you. You can be sure about that" He smiles a little trying to make me feel safe and I honestly did. I felt so safe.
"Do you promise me?" I whisper keep staring in his eyes.
"I promise you" he leans on whispering to my ear. His lips gently touching my lobe.
Shivers all over my body urge me to hug him and here we are. Holding into each other, becoming two souls sharing just one body. Oh, Newt.

A/N
I hope you like how the first one came out. Thanks again to the incredible scftnewt for the amazing cover. ❤️