Hope ||newt||

A/n: Newt is sitting up on rocks in the right arm. (Scorch Trials)

"How's Brenda?" I asked to Thomas once he got out from Brenda's tent

"She'll be better, she's fine" He nodded. He always tried to make us feel hope because Hope was the only thing that kept us going and going.

"Where Minho and the others are?" He looked at me with concern.

"Minho and Frypan are with Aris and the girls that brought us here" I pointed them and we saw them laughing, finally having the little peace they deserved.

"What about Newt?" Thomas got closer to me whispering. He knew me and Newt were not getting along so good in the past few days. We barely talked.

"He's on the rocks, right there.. He's overthinking as usual" I said with a low tone. I honestly missed Newt.

"You should go and talk to him, y/n, probably he wants to-"

"Do the same? Then why isn't he here? Huh? Why Tommy?" I almost hissed. "I am s-sorry T-Tommy. I didn't mean to be this rude."

"No worries. Listen to me, I know Newt. He's my best friend and I know he is proud. You are prouder than him but, let me remember you something" Tommy pointed behind my back. I turned around and I saw Newt looking the horizon sitted up on the rocks wearing heavy blue jackets and cream gloves. Steam came out of his mouth because in the mountains it was very cold. Thomas finished his speech.
"Pride ruins everything, it divides people and Newt misses you as much as you miss him. We already have a lot of problems. We must stay united. Go talk to him."

I could not say anything. Tears filled my eyes and I hugged him tightly whispering silently 'thank you'.

I walked forward to the dirty blonde haired boy that was sitting on the rocks and I found him concerned. I was facing his back but I knew he was furrowing.
"Uhm" I started and he turned around.

"Y/n? What are you doing here?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"I just wanted to tell you something" I breathed in then out to calm myself.

"Go on" Newt said with a monotone tone.

I sat down next to him touching his hand causing him shivers.
"I really need you to be patient with me because I am too impulsive and sometimes I say things I would not want to say" he was looking at me then glancing again at the horizon in front of him. I lowered my tone and finally said what I wanted to say the most. "I miss you" it was barely a whisper but he heard me and put two fingers under my chin caressing my cheek with the other shaking hand.

"Hey hey, y/n, look at me. Listen, I miss you too ok? It's not your fault. I have been wanting to protect you so much not even realizing that I can't even protect my self."

He was so cold and he was trembling.

"Hush. Newt, you have done so much more than just protecting me-"

"Y/n.."

"No, let me talk. You have done so much more because you gave me hope. I will never be thankful enough"

I finally got closer to him snuggling closer taking his hands in mine and tightly holding them to warm him up. He closed his eyes and he relaxed his expression. After awhile he finally spoke up.

"Do you think will we ever reach this safe haven they are talking about?" He looked at the horizon.

"I think I have reached it already" I said looking at him biting his bottom lip with his front teeth. "As long as I am with you" I drawn small circles with my fingers on his arms letting him smile.

"You don't even know how much I missed you y/n"

"Trust me, I know." We both chuckled and kept on snuggling into each other. I turned my head and looked down to the tents. I found Thomas nodding and smiling at me.

I was right. He always gave us hope.