Safe haven ||newt||

Newt's POV.
(These are literally thoughts. You are now welcome into Newt's mind)

 You are now welcome into Newt's mind)

Here I am. Looking at the waves slowly and gently touching the shore. Slowly closing my eyes to let the sun gently caress my skin.

I can tell I am really lucky to be alive.

Me. Alive. Pretty funny, isn't it?

I am not even immune. And you Tommy, you were but this didn't save your life. You sacrificed yourself because you felt guilty for what happened, for what you did back in WCKD. As I once told you, the people that we were before the maze didn't exist anymore but you, Tommy, didn't listen to me. You didn't mate. I want you to know that people will always remember you as an hero, because it's what you truly are. An hero.

You died with Teresa giving me the cure I needed to start again. To start the life I was deprived by WCKD and by the flare. I will never be thankful enough because you gave me the opportunity to live the rest of my life with the girl I am in love with. Y/n.

She's helping me, you know? Sometimes I feel guilty for everything, I feel like I don't even deserve to live, but you did. She helps me, she stays up all night to calm me down. She takes care of me when I cannot do it on my own.
Y/n is the kind of person to love you when you can't do it and she really helped me. I think you and her both saved my life.

I'd give everything to hug you one more time, to tell you that you are the bestest friend I ever had.

Now she's right next to me squeezing my hand and caressing it with her thumb. She is silently admiring the sea leaving me to my thoughts. That's another reason that push me to love her this much. She knows when I need to be alone, she knows I need some time to think and lately I have been thinking about you a lot, my friend.
I miss you Tommy, I hope you found your peace wherever you are because you deserve it.

I look down at y/n, her beauty hurts. Her y/h/c hair falls perfectly into place and her y/e/c eyes shine under the sun.

"Thank you, love."
"Don't even mention it"

And I lean in pecking her lips softly promising her to be strong. For me, for her and for you.
I hope I will see you soon my friend.
Love, Newt.