Please y/n, please ||newt||

(A/n: this is before Newt and Thomas go to the facility with Teresa. I tried my best.)

"I am coming, Newt

"I am coming, Newt. I won't stay here waiting for you to come back" I said firmly looking the blonde into the eyes.

" you are staying here, y/n. No further discussion" He said calmly taking off his shirt putting on Wckd's uniform. He was not looking at me 'till I started to speak after a while of silence.

"Who's gonna stop me? I can do whatever I want. And I said I'm coming" I said trying to deny the tears that were about to fall out from my eyes.

While I was taking the uniform he grabbed my wrists and took them to his chest forcing me to watch him into the eyes.

"Y/n, for once, just for once, stop being so stubborn and listen to me. Stay. Here." His tone was no longer calm as it always was.

"I can decide what-"

"I can't lose you y

! I just can't! Do you know how many times I felt scared because I thought I'd lose you?" He said pinching the bridge of his nose. "Listen, you are the only thing that make me want to find this safe haven everyone is talking about. I want you to be safe." He confessed looking into my eyes.

"Newt.. I.." I said putting an hand on his chest trying to calm him down, to reassure him. "Nothing is going to happen, I will be fine because you'll protect me"

Suddenly his heartbeat increased and I looked at him noticing his watery eyes. He looked down then glanced at me.

"I can't protect you forever Y/n, I won't be able to do it, not tonight. So I need you here. I need you here because" he hesitated "..Because I love you. God, I love every single thing about you, y/n. I love the way you are stubborn, the way you hug me in the morning when I wake you up. I love you when you touch my hair, when you try to calm me down. You saved me from my misery y/n, you really did. I wanted to end my life a while ago. I tried to but Minho saved me and  I am the one who asked him to protect you because he's the best friend I have ever had in that shucking Glade. I love you more than words can possibly express y/n. Your y\e/c eyes make me weak and that's the best feeling ever. Since when you came in that box I had always wanted to protect you and I did, but now it's.."

he hesitated again then he raised his uniform sleeve and showed me his arm.

I should have known. He was not immune, the Flare hit him and soon he would have been gone. I couldn't stand it anymore. I started to silently cry when I felt his arms around my waist holding me close to him. I found myself cuddling into his chest and I knew that would have been the last time.

"I really need you to be safe tonight, please y

, please"

He whispered into my ear.

I looked at him and forced myself to talk.

"You saved me from my misery, Newton. You gave me hope and you saved me. I will never forget that, I-I will never forget this" I put an hand on his arm and caressed it. "I loved you. I love you and I will always love you. This is a promise" He leaned in and without hesitation put his lips on mine.

It tasted like salty tears and uncertain future. I closed my eyes and for a moment I pushed away the thought that it was our first and last kiss.

(A/n: this is sad I know, but I felt like writing it. What do you think about this?)