Suits and donuts ||sam||

(In this imagine you and Sam( tom's character in love actually)are about 16

(In this imagine you and Sam( tom's character in love actually)are about 16. This is a AU. You are going to a school party together)

"Y/n, come down! We are gonna be late" My mom was screaming from downstairs while I kept on watching myself at the mirror.

I don't feel confident with this dress and I feel ridiculous. I have always hated parties at the end of the year. No one ever asks me out because I am socially awkward and this year my best friend, Sam, asked me to go with him since this year he doesn't have a girlfriend anymore. He broke up with Joanna. She found someone in the USA and a distant relationship is not what he wanted anymore, anyways.

He felt so sad but he's fine now, he has moved on and I am so glad he did. I can't stand watching him suffer.

"Coming!" I shouted from my room.

I was about to go downstairs when my mom and Daniel, Sam's father, stopped talking and glanced at me with a proud smile on their faces.

"What?" I asked nervously checking myself out as if something was wrong.

"Sweetheart, nothing it's just.." my mom hesitated. "You are stunning" she said while Daniel was simply nodding in agreement.

"I am sorry, I was so hungry"
Sam looked at his father while he was eating a donut. I smiled when I saw him wearing a suit. His father looked at him and glanced in my direction. Sam looked up at the stairs and finally saw me. He stopped chewing but swallowed what he was eating.

"Well?" I asked going down the stairs, trying to stop the embarrassment I was feeling.

"Well, you are cute, good, well I mean, yes you are fine" he smiled nervously touching the back of his neck. Daniel patted him on the shoulder and invited us to get into the car.

-time gap-

Once Daniel left us outside the school I stopped myself into the yard.

"I can't" I whispered softly.

"Y/n, let's go" he smiled to me.

"I c-can't. I really need to go home. I feel ridiculous S-sam" I glanced at him then I looked down at my feet.

" y/n, come here" Sam got closer to me and even though he was only a boy, pulled me into a strong hug. I buried my head into his neck.

After a while he whispered with his brit accent "We are going inside and we are going to have fun. I am staying with you, the whole time" then he pulled away. He grabbed both my hands and started caressing them softly giving me shivers.

Wait what? Shivers? Why?

I smiled at him and whispered back. "Do you promise?"

He stared down at our hands and smiled then looked at me before pulling a sweet kiss on my forehead.

"I promise you, now and always"