Chapter 44

Meecho...

I paced back and forth in the waiting area,waiting for the doctors to tell me what was wrong with Cj. Luna's been blowing up my phone all night but honestly,I couldn't answer. If she knew what happened,she'd be on the first flight out here,and ion' think I was prepared for her to come back out here just yet.

"Where is he?is he okay?" Cj's girlfriend Sabrina ran in here with Tristian trailing behind her.

Tristian ain't wanna leave Sabrina hanging so he decided to go get her.

I sighed, "yea,he gon' be Gucci,dont worry."

Blowing out a breath she rubbed her hand down her face and slightly shook her head. "I knew I should've told him to stay with me."

Her eyes became watery causing me to pull her into a hug. "It ain't ya' fault at all lil mama."

Hearing her whimpers I frowned,gazing at Tristian who just stared at the wall clenching his jaw.

This is the second time Cj some got into some shit,and ended up in the hospital. I really wished they would've got to me instead of him, he still learning this whole thing,I been in this shit for years, why niggas couldn't just come after me instead?

My phone vibrated ,hoping it wasn't Luna I took a deep breath,but instead it was Marcus calling.

"Any word on who did it?" I answered.

"I was able to get one of the corner boys to let me know whea' some of Geno's workers be at ,and when I went there I caught some pictures of some of them."

"Ight Bet, think you could bring it up to the hospital?"

"Yea I'll bring it,send me the address to the hospital y'all at."

"Ight,good lookin' bro."

"Anything for my family." He said before hanging up.

Taking a sigh of relief, I sat down and lightly tapped my finger on the arm rest of the chair. I was anxious as fuck right now,hoping that we could catch the lil' niggas tonight.

"This not the best way for us to meet each Otha' but ,I'm Meecho—Cj's brother." I held my hand out.

She glanced at me before wiping her tears away.

"Sabrina." She sniffed before shaking my hand.

"You hungry?" I asked,trying to keep her in the best comfort during this situation.

"No,I just wanna see him." She frowned.

I bit the inside of my cheek before glancing away.

"Meech,them niggas gotta die Cuhz',they violated my mans." Tristian sighed before sitting in the seat next to me.

I nodded, "they are—trust me."

"Family of Cairo Johnson?" I heard a doctor walk in and say,causing all of our attention to look towards the front of the waiting area.

"That's us." I said,standing up and walking towards the doctor while Sabrina and Tristian followed.

"I'm doctor Moore." She said giving a warm smile, "I'm assuming your his brother that he keeps asking about?"

I nodded, "yes that's me,Meecho."

Smiling she nodded, "Cairo is doing okay,but his right eye is swollen shut so I had one of my nurses use an eye drop to help it heal a little. We also did some x-rays and saw that there was a fracture to his Rib cage,which is making it a little difficult for him to breath,so we put him on a machine. It may be a little difficult for him to speak as well,and he has to be in bed rest ,just until his ribs heal."