Chapter 23

Luna...

The sound of my phone ringing off the hook caused me to wake up. I sleepily grabbed my phone off the night stand with my face still buried in the pillow,and brought it to my ear without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I answered with my eyes still closed.

"Hello,is this the guardian of Cairo Johnson?." I heard a woman ask through the phone,causing me to open my eyes.

"Yes,who's speaking?"the sound of my voice caused Meecho to shuffle around in bed before he wrapped his arms tighter around me.

"This is nurse Lee,from Mount Sinai hospital of New York."

I furrowed my brows before gently removing Meecho's arms from around me ,and sitting up.

"Is everything okay?"

"I'm afraid I can't say too much over the phone,I'm gonna need you to come up to the hospital."

"Well,can you atleast let me know what happened to him?" I said while standing up and going into my overnight back pulling out some clothes.

"There's been a car accident."

My eyes widened as I tapped Meecho making him
Wake up. "aight,I'll be there in a minute". I hung up the phone and threw it on my bed.

"What's going on?" Meecho said with his eyes still closed.

"Cj's been in an accident." I sighed, throwing my hair up in a bun before going to the bathroom to wash my mouth.and he jumped up from his bed.

I was now worried as hell,hoping that no severe damage was done to him. All this was gonna do was cause me to feel guilty because I wasn't keeping my eye on him, and the guilt was definitely gonna eat me alive.

My body was sore as hell,and before I got that call,I planned on sleeping all day. But now I'm woke as fuck,and focused on what's going on with my little brother.

*

Meecho and I rushed into the hospital,heading straight to the front desk.

"Hi,who are you here to see?" The Woman at the desk smiled.

"Cairo Johnson."

She searched his name up "oh ,he was just brought in not too long ago ,and you are ?"
before writing two visitors pass for me and Meecho.

"We're his older siblings."

She handed us our visitors pass. "He's still in the emergency room sweetie,you're gonna go down the hall and make a left."

"Okay." I nodded before walking away and rushing o the emergency.

I looked around to see if I spotted Cj,and I did. We quickly walked over to his room,and my eyes became watery from what I saw. He had on a breathing mask and dried up blood on his shirt,as he laid there unconscious, with a gash above his eyebrow.

A few minutes later a nurse had entered the room. He was a black man who looked to be in his mid 40's or early 50's.

"Hi,you're the guardian of Cairo correct?"

I nodded, "Yea ,he's my little brother."

He smirked , "Alright,now Cairo was actually brought in an hour ago. And if they haven't told you over the phone,he was in a car accident when a by stander saw that his car had collided with a pole,and he was also grazed by a bullet."

My eyes widened, "h-how did this happen?" Meecho sighed before putting his arms around my shoulder bringing me closer to him.

"Unfortunately we don't know a full story,but detectives are at the scene and are trying to get the story out now."