Chapter 21.

Later That Night (5A.M)

I shuffled around in the bed , hearing my phone ringing. I squinted my eyes looking at the time ,seeing it was five o clock in the morning. I sighed before grabbing my phone seeing it was Julio calling me. The fuck could he possibly want at five in the mornin'?

"Hello?" I answered with my eyes still closed.

"He's dead." He said with sadness Filling up his voice.

"Oh shit,are you okay?" I asked,pretending to be shocked.

"I mean..." he sighed, "ion' know how to feel. Like I hated him Lu,but at the same time I loved him...that's my pops man." His voice got shaky.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel bad,especially being that I already knew.

"I'm sorry bro." I frowned, I felt movement behind me,feeling Meecho tap. "What?" I mouthed. I was still upset at him from accusing me earlier,so I slept further away from him as possible. I tried sleepin' in the guest room but he wouldn't let me.

"Put him on speaker." He whispered.

I sighed before pressing the speaker icon on my phone.

"Lu? You there?"

I quickly regained my self and paid attention to Julio.
"Y-yea I'm here..sorry I'm just still sleep." I lied. "So,What's gonna happen now?"

"I gotta take over the cartel. I mean, I've been waitin' on this my whole life but,not under these circumstances."

I nodded,as if he could see me. "And What about his murderer?do you think you know who did it?" I eyed Meecho briefly ,who's eyes had closed again,but he was still awake.

"Of course I do...the only person who he went to meet up with,is that Meecho nigga. But, I gotta play smart. Can't make a move on him yet,cuz' I know his bitch ass waitin' on me."

Meecho chuckled,letting out a breath at the end,I nudged him tellin' him to shut up.

"Who was that?"

"My little brother,to be honest I don't even know why he's awake right now." I widened my eyes at Meecho,giving him a hint. "Aight So, just gather Tyler and all of us together and let us know the plan. But for right now,keep your head up aight? My condolences."

"Thanks Luna,that means a lot,especially from you."

"No problem ,you're dad was cool."

"He was aight." He lowly responded. "Ima' Head to the morgue in the morning,I'll holla' at you later."

"Aight, later."

"Lata' "

I ended the call ,sighing while putting my phone down. Once Julio tells me this plan,I'll figure out a way to take him out. I knew shit was gonna' get messy,but I ain't expect it to get messy this soon. Even though Meecho technically wasn't the one who killed Julius,I couldn't tell Julio that because I'm not supposed to know about it. I also don't wanna seem like a traitor,but my loyalty runs deeply with Meecho,and from the talk Mel and I had earlier, them Jamaican niggas weren't to be trusted anyway.

I laid back down,looking up at the ceiling.

"This shit gon' be extra fun." Meecho said,between chuckles. I tried to be serious when I looked at him,but I couldn't. His crazy side was showing just a lil'.

I knew he was my soulmate.

*
That Afternoon..

My eyes squinted as the sun beamed in my face. I looked at the clock and seen it was twelve thirty in the afternoon. I didn't even realize I slept for that long. I grabbed my phone seeing I had notifications from the group chat with me Tyler and Mel, and some text from Riley,Cj and Meecho.