"i'm hearing you. i can do it." eleven said again.

"even if el can, there's still another problem. if the brain dies, the body dies." mike said.

"i thought that was the whole point." max said.

"it is, but if we're really right about this... i mean, if el closes the gate and kills the mind flayer's army..." mike began.

"wills a part of that army." lucas said.

"closing the gate will kill him." mike said.

everyone saw joyce go over to wills room and they all followed behind her.

"he likes it cold." joyce said.

"what?" hopper asked.

"it's what will kept saying to me. he likes it cold. we keep giving it what it wants." joyce said closing his bedroom window.

"if this is a virus, and will's the host, then..." nancy began.

"then we need to make the host uninhabitable." jonathan said finishing her sentence.

"meaning if he likes it cold..." rebecca said.

"we have to burn it out of him." joyce said.

"we have to do it somewhere he doesn't know this time." mike said.

"yeah, somewhere far away." dustin said.

hopper knew just where to take him, he picked up will and put him in the car.

joyce, jonathan and hopper were going to leave while everyone else stayed at the house.

"you should go with him." steve said to nancy.

"what?" nancy asked.

"with jonathan." steve replied as they went outside to get some stuff.

"no, i'm... i'm not just gonna leave mike." nancy told him.

"no ones leaving anyone. i may be a pretty shitty boyfriend, but it turns out i'm actually a pretty damn good babysitter." steve said passing a heater to nancy.

"he's right, nancy. i'll stay too. you should go." rebecca told her as nancy nodded.

"it's okay, nance. it's okay." steve told her before grabbing rebecca's hand and they went back inside the house.

nancy got in the car with jonathan while eleven got in with hopper, leaving joyce to take will.

"you're not a shitty boyfriend." rebecca said as steve looked over at her and he smiled.

"i love you, beck." steve said kissing her forehead making her smile.

-

rebecca and steve were left to look after the other kids in the house.

"all right. it should fit now." dustin said.