Dearly Beloved

"James, James calm down" said Sirius as the animagus paced the room. "How?! I'm getting married in 15 minutes!" He yelled, fretting with the lapels of his tux. Sirius slapped his shaking hands away and fixed the suit. "You will be fine, if you can fight in possibly the biggest battle that has wrecked Hogwarts, you can get married" James exhaled. "But that was all adrenaline!" Sirius grunted. "No shit" he commented dryly. "Look" he continued in a softer tone. "You love Lily, Lily loves you. You'll be fine, just speak from the heart" James smiled. "Remus told you to say that, didn't he?" Sirius grinned. "Duh. I was too busy with the best man's speech"

"I don't think I can do this!" screeched Lily, scrunching her toes worriedly. Dorcas sniffed. "If you're even thinking about getting cold feet, Marlene, Remus and I will make it our personal mission to drag you kicking and screaming back to the alter. I think Remus would say 'I do' for you" Lily scoffed. "No he wouldn't" "Yes he would" came the werewolf's voice from the other side of the door. Lily gasped dramatically. "Traitor" He chuckled lightly. "Nope! just doing my God-ordained duty. But seriously Lily, you've waited ages for this. Prongs has been waiting longer. And if I walk down the aisle without a 'daughter' to give away, it's gonna look like I'M marrying James." Lily promptly yanked the door open to admit Remus who was leaning nonchalantly against the frame. "Well we can't have that, can't we? Get your furry arse in here and make yourself useful"

James shook out his sweaty palms as he stood at the alter. "Oh god, here we go" he muttered as the music started up. Marlene, Alice, and Tonks walked down the aisle with a bunch of flowers and gracefully settled themselves to the side. A laugh went around the room as Peter came next with a basket of petals. The sight of his chubby friend squeezed into a tux and tossing flowers relaxed James somewhat and he cracked a smile. Finally, Lily and Remus came down the aisle James catching his breath at the sight of his bride. "God she's beautiful" he murmured to Sirius, who was standing behind him. "Yeah, He is" returned the animagus. It was true. Remus was in a gray suit, a small lily of the valley in his lapel. His hair had been brushed and his eyes sparkled. Lily finally came to a stop in front  of James and Remus silently went to stand next to Peter. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the marriage of James Potter and Lily Evans" said Sirius. "Now I'm not going to bore you with the technical stuff, so who has the rings?" That got a chuckle from the crowd. Peter brought the rings out on the pillow, looking so solemn that the other 3 marauders has to suppress a laugh.

"Time for vows. James, if you'd like to go first?" James pulled a large scroll out of his pocket and the hall groaned. Grinning he unrolled it and flipped it sideways. The words HOT DAMN were spelled out in huge letters across the parchment. Remus slammed his face into Peter's shoulder, snickering wildly. The rat animagus was trying not to laugh himself, literally stuffing a handful of petals into his mouth. A loud shout of laughter went around the room and even Lily laughed. James put the scroll away and took Lily's hands in his. "I met you in first year and instantly fell in love. Keep in mind I was 11 at the time, I just thought it was a crush. But it didn't go away, every time you passed, I'd get a little flutter in my stomach. I still do. My point is, I loved you then, I love you now, and I always will." 

Lily gave a watery smile as James slid the ring onto her finger. "James, I met you as a prat. You still are but you're MY prat and I wouldn't change that for the world. It took me a while to realize that I did love you, but when I did, everything seemed to come alive. Even the rain looked beautiful. James Potter, you have made my life complete and I love you with all of my heart" The redhead slid her ring onto James' hand. Sirius smiled fondly at the two, pretending not to notice the way his eyes misted. "Lily Evans, do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband? In sickness and in health? In life and in death?" She smiled widely. "I do" Sirius turned to James, who looked like he was about to cry. "And do you, James Potter, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife? In sickness and in health? In life and in death?" "I do" he whispered. 

"You may now kiss the bride!" He announced, grinning brightly as James gathered his wife in his arms and kissed her. Lily responded with equal passion as Peter and Remus tossed more petals in the air and the hall applauded. Frank and Alice smiled at each other. Dorcas and Marlene grinned delightedly. However, no one cheered quite as loudly as the three marauders.

At the reception, as James and Lily twirled on the dance floor, Sirius took his boyfriend aside and out to the balcony. "What a day huh?" murmured the animagus. Remus chuckled softly. "Yeah, who'd have thought?" Sirius gulped a couple times. "Uh, Rem? There's something I'd like to ask you" he said, clenching his fists nervously. The werewolf turned to face him, smiling. "You better not be breaking up with me, Black" That got a strained laugh out of the other man. "Uhh... not quite" Remus frowned, "Padfoot? Are you alright?" Sirius sighed shakily. "Hooo boy. Fuck it" he muttered, sinking down onto one knee and pulling out a ring box. Remus gasped, a hand flying to his mouth. "I've loved you for fucking ages, can't even begin counting the years. When you almost died, I swear a tiny piece of me died with you. I know now that I can't live without you. So, Remus John Lupin, will you marry me?" 

"Yes..." he whispered, launching himself at the relived animagus. "Oh god yes" The two sat on the balcony for a while, just hugging, Remus muttering yes over and over again. Eventually they broke apart and Sirius placed his hand over his fiancées, when he pulled it away, a small gold band was glinting on his finger. Looking closer, Remus noticed a miniscule carving of a wolf and a dog. "Oh Pads, I love it" he choked out, wiping his face dry. Sirius grinned like he was in third year again and pulled out a matching ring, this one made of a silver like material. The werewolf laughed and hauled Sirius to his feet. "I gotta go tell James" he squeaked, and with a whoosh, he was gone. The Black heir laughed at the departing form of his fiancée. "Ah Rem, You'll be the death of me one day"

Remus made his way over to where James, Lily, Alice, Frank, Dora, Marlene and Peter were sitting. "Hey guys, Moony's back" said James, patting a place for him. Remus sat down, grinning like an idiot. "Where have you been? Are you high on Pepper Up potion?" Asked Peter. The werewolf said nothing but stuck his hand out in the middle of the circle, the gold catching a passing spotlight. Lily let out a rising shriek of delight and tackled Remus into a hug. "Yesss" she whispered. The rest of them soon joined, congratulating him on the engagement. "What's this?" Came a very familiar voice. "Are you guys celebrating without me?" In a flash, Sirius was yanked into the group too. "You did it mate!" Cheered James, slapping him on the back. The dog animagus went over to Remus and put and arm around him. "Yup! Me and Remy are officially tying the knot" Lily accioed a pencil and notebook over to herself. "Alright, first things first. Spring or summer wedding?" 

Hhhnnnggg you guys. Only the epilogue and end credits after this and the story will be done. Keep an eye out for these next 2 chapters and remember that I love you all so much!